This Zucchini Pizza Casserole is a delicious zucchini recipe that is perfect for a family meal. It makes a wonderful side dish, entree or is terrific for a potluck dinner.
Happy Sunday, I hope you are enjoying your weekend! We had beautiful weather here in Maine. I took a drive into the mountains yesterday to enjoy some of the spectacular Fall foliage. This has been one of the best years for leaf peeping in recent memory! It has also been a good year for my garden. In fact, I have a bumper crop of zucchini. It has been fun getting creative using it in a variety of recipes. I tried something new today and made this Zucchini Pizza Casserole. It was so easy to make, but full of flavor. Everyone loved it, even the kids!
Looking for more great zucchini recipes? Try these out:
- Delicious Turkey Taco Stuffed Zucchini
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Fries with Zesty Cilantro Dip
Zucchini Pizza Casserole
What do you need to make the Zucchini Pizza Casserole?
All you need are 4 ingredients for this delicious dish!
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
How do I make the Zucchini Pizza Casserole?
As I mentioned above, this is very simple to make! Just preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Wash and chop the zucchini into bite sized pieces and put in a large bowl. Pour in the pizza sauce and toss to coat. Dump the zucchini mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with half of the pepperoni.
Then, bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with cheese and remaining pepperoni. Pop it back in the oven and bake for about 10 more minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm and enjoy!
Can I add other things to the Zucchini Pizza Casserole?
Absolutely, this dish is so versatile! Think of it as a pizza that you can add just about any toppings that you like. Other things I enjoy in the Zucchini Pizza Casserole are:
- Bell Peppers
- Black Olives
- Red Onion
- Fresh Basil
You can also use cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella or use just regular tomato sauce. Change it up and see what you might like best!
- 6 medium zucchini
- 1 1/4 cup pizza sauce spaghetti sauce works well too
- 24 pepperoni slices halved
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Wash and chop the zucchinis into bite sized chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the sauce and toss to coat.
- Dump the zucchini/sauce mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with half of the pepperoni.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the cheese and remaining pepperoni.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and bake another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot!
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite zucchini recipe? Have you ever made a Zucchini Pizza Casserole? Do you have a favorite pizza topping you would add?
Looking for more great casserole recipes? Give these a try:
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. have a great week!