This delicious Turkey Taco Stuffed Zucchini recipe is quick and easy to make! It’s the perfect dish for a busy weeknight and something the entire family will enjoy!
***Jump to Recipe***
It’s hard to believe August is almost over! My garden is flourishing and I have a bumper crop of zucchini. So I have been adding zucchini to all sorts of recipes. I love getting creative with zucchini as there are so many things you can do with it!
You may also enjoy:
Delicious Turkey Taco Stuffed Zucchini
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
The delicious turkey taco stuffed zucchini is made with just 10 ingredients:
- Ground Turkey
- Roma Tomatoes
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Pepper Jack Cheese
***Jump to Recipe***
It is super simple to make! First, wash the zucchinis and slice in half lengthwise. Then, scoop out the middle of the zucchini with a spoon. Take the zucchini you scooped out and press out the liquid with paper towels and set aside.
Then, heat a pan over medium heat and add the turkey, onion, and jalapeño.
Cook until turkey is browned and veggies are fragrant. Then, add the reserved zucchini and sauté for additional 2 minutes.
Next, drain juices from pan and add the seasonings and tomatoes. Let simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in pepper jack cheese. Then, line a baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Fill the zucchini boats with meat mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and begins to lightly brown. Then, serve hot with additional toppings!
Turkey Taco Stuffed Zucchini
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 small to medium onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 2 tsps. chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese divided
- Wash the zucchini and cut it in half lengthwise.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out the middle of the zucchini, press out liquid with paper towels and set to the side.
- In sauté pan over medium heat add ground turkey, onions, and jalapenos
- Cook until turkey is brown and veggies are fragrant.
- Then, add reserved zucchini and saute 2 more minutes.
- Drain and add seasonings and tomatoes, stir and let simmer about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and stir.
- Line baking dish with foil, and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Spoon meat mixture into zucchini and place on foil.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with all of your favorite toppings!
What additional toppings can you add?
So, the answer is simple…just about anything! However, since it is turkey taco stuffed zucchini, I like to add everything I would to a taco! I’m talking:
- Sour Cream
- Black Olives
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite way to eat zucchini? Have you ever made stuffed zucchini? What topping would you add to this delicious dish?
Looking for more quick & easy recipes?
Check these out:
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
PIN IT HERE: