Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are a great way to add some veggies to a tasty treat! These muffins are perfect for breakfast on the go or an afternoon snack.
Happy Monday, I hope you had a great weekend! I spent some time in the garden yesterday. It has been a good year for it and my family has enjoyed lots of fresh veggies all summer. The zucchinis went a little crazy and I definitely have a bumper crop of them! No complaints here though, as I love finding ways to use the zucchini. Yesterday, I made a batch of these delicious Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins!
Looking for more ways to use zucchini? Check out these posts:
Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
These Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins were so delicious hot out of the oven! However, they make a perfect on the go snack too! Here is what you will need to make them:
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- Grated Zucchini
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Coarse Sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the butter, milk, eggs and sugars until well combined.
In a medium bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Then, bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges of the muffins begin to lightly brown.
Allow to cool 5 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
And there you have it… Delicious Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins!
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini drained
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips – plus extra for placing on top
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar – for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the butter, milk, eggs, vanilla, and sugars until well combined.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined.
- Gently stir in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans until the cups are 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar and place a few chocolate chips on each muffin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
What else do I need to know about baking Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins?
I use a mandolin or food processor to grate the zucchini quickly. Zucchini contains a lot of water. So, it is important to drain as much of it as possible. One way to do this is by placing the zucchini on a few layers of paper towels, then placing more paper towels on top of it. Press down on the top layer of paper towels to squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini.
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite way to use zucchini? Have you ever made double chocolate zucchini muffins? How did your garden (if you have one) do this summer?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!