This Mexican Corn Casserole is quick and easy to make. It makes a delicious side dish for a holiday dinner or Sunday Supper!
PIN IT HERE:
One of my family members asked me yesterday if I had any plans for Thanksgiving. Honestly, I had not even thought about it as it seems like Summer just ended. Then, I took a look at the calendar and realized Thanksgiving is just around the corner! How did that happen so fast? I know…it happens every year. The holidays just seem to sneak up. Well, this got me thinking about some of my favorite easy recipes to make and the first thing that came to mind is this Mexican Corn Casserole.
Speaking of the holidays…here are a few other favorites:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cranberries and Pecans with Balsamic Vinegar
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline Topping
- Roasted Vegetable Platter
Mexican Corn Casserole
I just love making this delicious dish. Mexican Corn Casserole has just eight ingredients, but it is so rich and tasty. It is always a hit a holiday dinner or Sunday Supper. Here is what you need to make it:
- Frozen Corn
- Red Bell Pepper
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Jack Cheese
The Mexican Corn Casserole is super easy to make! Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Then, prepare a 2 quart casserole dish by greasing it with non-stick cooking spray. Next, heat up a large skillet on the cooktop on medium heat. Add in the frozen corn and red bell pepper and give it a stir.
Then, add in the seasonings, butter and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until corn is cooked through and cream cheese is melted.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in a cup of the cheddar jack cheese.
Then, pour corn mixture into prepared casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
Pop it into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling. That’s it! This Mexican Corn Casserole is so simple, but full of flavor!
Can I add anything else to the Mexican Corn Casserole?
Absolutely, this is the quick and easy version! Other things I have added are green bell peppers, canned green chiles, and onion. It is really pretty versatile so mix it up!
Mexican Corn Casserole
- 2 12 ounce packages frozen corn
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar Jack cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 2-quart casserole dish by greasing with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add frozen corn, bell pepper, salt, pepper, paprika, butter, and cream cheese to a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until corn is cooked through and cream cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Pour ingredients into prepared baking pan and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
So Tell Me…
Do you have a quick and easy favorite dish for the holidays? Have you ever made a Mexican Corn Casserole? Would you add any additional ingredients?
Looking for some great ideas for dessert? Check these out:
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!