Amp up your dinner with this insanely mouthwatering Chicken Sliders Recipe! Every bite is filled with slider buns, flavorful chicken, mozzarella cheese, pesto, and seasonings that will knock your socks off. The best part is you can make them in under 20 minutes too!
I love sandwiches! It doesn’t matter if they are cold, warm, or piping hot. I seriously love them all and can never get enough. My biggest dilemma is deciding if I should make these Chicken Sliders with Pesto or my Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches. I will let you make both, and you can decide for yourself. 🙂
Probably my favorite aspect of these slider sandwiches (besides the fact that they taste incredible) is that they are so quick and straightforward to make. There isn’t a bunch of steps or ingredients, either.
If you have children that are super picky like I do, then you know that it’s not always easy to get them talked into eating the same foods as you do. With these chicken sliders, my kids are excited to eat them. They always go back for more too. So, if you want a kid-friendly meal idea, add these to your list. Don’t forget to try my Turkey Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls also. Another sandwich they love to eat is my Curried Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich, so you can always try that one too.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE CHICKEN SLIDERS RECIPE WITH PESTO
With eight ingredients and three of those are seasonings, you can bet that these are quick and simple to throw together. They are a breeze to clean up too!
Kitchen Tools You Need:
HOW DO I MAKE CHICKEN SLIDERS?
STEP 1: WARM THE OVEN AND PREPARE THE BUNS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Carefully slice buns in half, keeping them intact with each other. Place the bottom buns in a baking dish.
STEP 2: ADD THE PESTO, CHICKEN, AND CHEESE
Spread pesto evenly over the buns. Top with shredded chicken and mozzarella cheese.
STEP 3: ADD BUTTERY TOPPING, BAKE, AND ENJOY!
In a bowl, melt butter with garlic salt, onion powder, and basil. Drizzle the butter mixture on top of the buns. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the buns are golden brown. Carefully remove from the oven and let cool. Enjoy!
CAN I USE CHICKEN BREAST INSTEAD OF CANNED CHICKEN?
Yes, absolutely, you can use chicken breast. They both taste great, and I just like to use canned chicken because it saves me a step when I am super busy. You can cook chicken breasts; however, you usually like to prepare them and shred it or dice it to fit on the sliders. It will be juicy and flavorful.
COULD I USE OTHER KINDS OF MEAT?
Yes, if you want to use a different kind of meat, feel free. Roasted turkey, roast beef, grilled steak, and even pork would all taste great in these slider sandwiches. Try out a few different types of meat to see what you enjoy the most, and you should be all set.
HOW LONG DO CHICKEN SLIDERS LAST?
After the chicken sliders have cooled all the way, you can place them in a food storage container and put them in the fridge. They will last 3-4 days when kept in the refrigerator. To warm them up, you can quickly heat them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Be sure to cover with a paper towel before heating through.
You could also place them in the oven and warm them that way too. Heat them at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or so until they are hot, then serve.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH THIS CHICKEN SLIDERS RECIPE?
There are so many fantastic foods that will complete your dinner table. I wanted to point out a few of the highlights or ideas that we most often make with the sliders. Take a look:
- Fries – Whether you are in the mood for regular fries or are craving something fun, they will go well with the sliders. These Cheesy Shoestring Carrot Fries and Zucchini Fries with Zesty Cilantro Dip are both great options.
- Salads – You can never go wrong with including a salad as part of your meal. Consider trying my Cucumber Strawberry Salad or Mediterranean Tomato Salad.
- Veggies – Serve some fresh veggies or go with some roasted vegetables. They are both great options and give you some nutrients. Try out my Roasted Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts or Roasted Vegetable Platter.
SO TELL ME…
How often do you eat sandwiches? Do you like them better, hot or cold? What are your favorite toppings for sandwiches? Have you ever made a Chicken Sliders Recipe with Pesto?
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
Chicken Sliders Recipe with Pesto
- 1 package of 12 slider buns
- 1 12.5 oz canned chicken or cooked and shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese - shredded
- ⅓ cup pesto
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp of each: garlic salt onion powder, dry basil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Carefully slice buns in half, keeping them intact with each other.
- Place the bottom buns in a baking dish.
- Spread pesto evenly over the buns.
- Top with shredded chicken and mozzarella cheese. Then add the top buns.
- In a bowl, melt butter with garlic salt, onion powder and basil.
- Drizzle the butter mixture on top of the buns.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the buns are golden brown.
- Carefully remove from the oven and let cool. Enjoy!