Bieler Broth (or Green Detox Soup) is an easy and nutritious blended vegetable soup that’s perfect for anyone looking to reset after the holidays or give their immune system a boost.
It is hard to believe we are already heading in to the third week of January. So how are you doing post-holidays? I have still been in a bit of a haze and I am trying to get organized for the year. However, I have been participating in Veganuary and I am really enjoying all of my new vegan recipes! One recipe that I made this weekend is this Beiler Broth. I call it my Green Detox Soup, but Beiler Broth is the proper recipe name. I love making a batch of this when I am feeling run down or starting to get sick.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
What is in Bieler Broth?
There are just 5 simple, healthy ingredients in this delicious green detox soup:
- Fresh Herbs: I used basil in this batch; however, parsley, cilantro or dill work well!
- Green Beans: They are a hearty healthy veggie and contain almost 3 grams of fiber per cup.
- Celery: It is rich in vitamins and minerals and has a low glycemic index.
- Zucchini: It is high in antioxidants and aids in healthy digestion.
- Vegetable Broth: The perfect base for any type of detox soup as it is light and low in calories.
How do I make the Green Detox Soup?
It is very quick and easy to make the Beiler Broth. First, snap the ends off the green beans and coarsely chop the celery and zucchini.
Then, add the veggies and herbs to a large stock pot and put the vegetable broth in the pot. Bring the veggies and broth to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cover pot.
Simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Puree the soup in the pot using an immersion blender or in a blender in small batches.
Serve hot and enjoy!
What else can I add to the Bieler Broth?
To stick with the green based broth, any other green veggies will work like spinach or kale. I would not recommend broccoli because it becomes very bitter when pureed. I used basil for the herb in this broth. However, other herbs to try are: parsley, cilantro, and dill or a blend of them!
Can I add toppings to the Detox Broth?
Yes! It can be topped with additional vegetables, like zucchini slices or cherry tomatoes to keep it a vegan recipe. Other toppings that may be used (making it a vegetarian dish) are: croutons, sour cream, a swirl of heavy cream and a dash of red pepper.
How do I store the Bieler Broth?
It can be stored in a covered container for 3 days in the refrigerator. For best flavor, I would not recommend freezing it as it tastes best fresh!
Bieler Broth (Green Detox Soup)
- ½ bunch fresh herbs such as basil parsley, cilantro, or dill ( I used basil)
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 small zucchini
- 4 cups 1 quart vegetable broth
- Snap the ends off the green beans.
- Coarsely chop the celery and zucchini.
- Add the veggies and herbs to a large stock pot and pour the vegetable broth in.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Puree the soup in the pot using an immersion blender or in a blender in batches.
So Tell Me…
How is your New Year going so far? Have you ever made Beiler Broth? What is your favorite way to reset after the holidays? Do you have a favorite immune boosting recipe?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As Always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week?
PIN IT HERE↓