These Simple Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes are a delicious addition to any meal. They are easy to make with just a few simple ingredients: cherry tomatoes, olive oil, fresh rosemary, sea salt and black pepper. Serve the Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes up as a vegetarian side dish or add them on top of a sandwich or your favorite fish for a punch of flavor.
One of my favorite things to grow in the garden is tomatoes. There is just nothing better than a fresh tomato picked right off the vine. I grow several types of tomatoes during the summer from unique heirloom varieties to basic cherry tomatoes.
It is around this time of year that I often find myself with more tomatoes than I know what to do with. So, I enjoy giving them to family and friends. I also love to come up with new ways to use them like in this Simple Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes recipe.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
I love roasting all types of vegetables like Roasted Mushrooms or Roasted Cauliflower Steak. I even made Roasted Asparagus and Carrots with Parmesan Cheese the other night and it was a huge hit!. So when I found myself with a bumper crop of cherry tomatoes, it only made sense to prepare them this way!
What do I need to make the Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes?
You will need just 5 simple ingredients to make this healthy and flavorful vegan dish.
Kitcheners Items Needed:
How do I make the Roasted Tomatoes?
This plant-based recipe is so easy to make in just a few easy steps! Here is what you need to do.
Step 1: Prepare Cherry Tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place 2 cups of cherry tomatoes in a medium bowl and toss with olive and fresh rosemary. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
Step 2: Roast the tomatoes in the oven
Spread the cherry tomatoes onto a baking sheet and place in the oven. Roast on the center rack for approximately 25 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften a bit. If you want the tomatoes to brown a little, broil for about 3 minutes at the end of cooking time.
Step 3: Serve and enjoy!
Remove from oven and use a spatula to remove cherry tomatoes from baking pan. Then, place in a serving dish and toss again. Serve warm and enjoy!
What is the best way to serve the Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes?
There are a number of ways to enjoy this healthy vegan recipe. I enjoy it as a simple side dish or even add the roasted veggies on top of a fresh green salad. However, the cherry tomatoes make a delicious topping for fish, chicken or steak. They are also tasty on top of a sandwich like Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches.
Are there any variations to this Vegan Recipe?
Yes, this is such a simple dish, that it can be changed up in a number of different ways. Here are a few ideas:
- More Veggies: I kept this very basic, but it would be delicious with some zucchini, onion, mushrooms and/or squash roasted together with the tomatoes. If you add extra veggies, make sure to add extra seasoning and olive oil as well.
- Herbs: I used fresh rosemary, but dried rosemary would work just as well. If you are not a fan of rosemary, give thyme, basil or sage a try. If you like spicy food, consider trying the tomatoes with a little cayenne pepper or hot Hungarian paprika.
- Balsamic Vinegar: These tomatoes areas yummy when tossed with balsamic vinegar when they come out of the oven. You could also toss them with your favorite Italian dressing!
- Nuts: Consider adding a little crunch to the tomatoes by roasting your favorite nuts with them or tossing the nuts in after they come out of the oven. Almonds, walnuts, pistachio and Macadamia nuts would work great!
- Cheese: As is this is a vegan dish; however, if you do not follow a vegan diet and love cheese like me, add some when you remove the cherry tomatoes from the oven. Feta or goat cheese are my faves, but cheddar, Swiss or Parmesan would all work great too.
Can I store the oven roasted cherry tomatoes?
Yes, these can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. However, if you enjoy them warm, it is best to eat them straight out of the oven as they tend to get mushy when reheated. If I have leftovers, I like to have them cold on top of salads or in sandwiches.
So Tell Me…
Do you enjoy roasting vegetables? Have you ever roasted tomatoes? Do you have a garden? What is your favorite way to eat tomatoes?
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
Simple Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Toss cherry tomatoes with olive oil and rosemary.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread tomatoes onto a baking sheet
- Roast in oven on center rack for approximately 25 minutes, or until tomato begin to soften
- If you want the tomatoes to brown a little, broil for 3 minutes at the end of cooking time.
- Remove from oven and enjoy warm or cold!