Black Bean, Corn, & Mango Salad
Today I am sharing a quick, easy, & versatile salad dish that is healthy & delicious! This Corn, Black Bean, & Mango Salad can be served in many different ways. I prefer it by itself over a bed of greens. My kids like to roll it up in warm tortillas with a sprinkle of cheese. It is also a great party salad and can be served with corn chips.
Here is what you will need:
-24 oz. Frozen Sweet Corn, thawed (or you can use 3 cups of fresh kernels cut off the cob)
-1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
-3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
-2 Mangos, peeled & diced
-1 Medium Red Onion, chopped
-1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
-1/2 Cup of Fresh Lime Juice
-3 Tbsp of Cilantro, chopped
-1/2 tsp Salt
-1/2 tsp Cumin
-2 (15 oz) Cans of Black Beans, rinsed & drained
-1 (4.5 oz) can of Mild Chopped Green Chiles (such as Old El Paso)
-1 Avocado, diced (optional-to serve on top of salad)
-Mixed Greens, Tortillas, or Corn Chips, depending on how you would like to serve this adaptable dish!
1. Heat Coconut Oil over Medium Heat in large non-stick pan.
2. Add Corn and saute over Medium High Heat for approximately 10 minutes or until kernels start to slightly brown.
3. Add the Garlic during last 1 minute of cooking corn.
4. Place Corn & Garlic Mixture in Large Bowl.
5. Add the Mango, Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper, & Lime Juice, stir gently.
6. Add Cilantro, Salt, Cumin, & Green Chiles, stir until combined
7. Last, fold in the Black Beans and stir until combined..
8. Serve Chilled over a bed of greens with 1 Tbsp of Avocado on top, or however you would like to share this flexible recipe!
*Tip: I find this dish is best if prepared a few hours or even a day ahead, so the flavors have a chance to set in!