These heart shaped brownies are a very simple & tasty treat for Valentine’s Day. They are a delicious dessert to make with kids & perfect for a school party!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
If you read my last post, you already know that my daughter and I made homemade healthy gummies yesterday. Well, while they were setting up in the regrigerator we decided to have some more baking fun in the kitchen. I found a box of brownie mix and some Wilton melting candy in the pantry, so we made another Valentine’s Day inspired treat: Heart Shaped Brownies.
What do you need to make heart shaped brownies?
These festive brownies are very easy to make! I use a box of brownie mix, chocolate chips and Wilton red melting candy. Every dessert does not have to be fancy and it is a-ok to indulge in a treat from time to time, especially when you are making it with the kids!
How do I make the Valentine’s Day treat?
There are just a few steps to make this Valentine’s Day treat! First, prepare the brownie mix according to the instructions.
Then, add in the chocolate chips. Stir the chocolate chips into the batter and pour into a prepared baking dish.
Spread the batter smoothly in the dish and bake according to instructions. Allow brownies to cool completely.
Then, use a 2-inch heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the brownies into 12 hearts.
Melt the red candy according to instructions. I use Wilton Red Candy Melts for this treat!
Then, place into a piping bag and pipe stripes over the heart shaped brownies. You can also just spread the melted candy over the brownies and top with sprinkles or heart shaped candies.
Heart Shaped Brownies
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
- 1 18- ounce box brownie mix prepared according to package instructions
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup red melting candy like Wilton Red Candy Melts
- Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions.
- Before pouring the batter into the baking dish, stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x12 baking dish and bake according to package instructions for that pan size.
- Allow brownies to cool completely, then use a 2-inch heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out 12 hearts.
- Melt the red candy according to package instructions.
- Then, place into a piping bag and pipe stripes over the heart shaped brownies. You can also just spread the melted candy over the brownies and top with sprinkles or heart shaped candies.
- Serve and enjoy!
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite Valentine’s Day treat? Do you enjoy baking with kids?
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great weekend!
PIN IT HERE↓