*This post was sponsored by Reebok as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I love training for a variety of road races and triathlons! I am typically pretty disciplined at following my training schedule. However, even with the best intentions, sometimes life just gets in the way and there are times that I can’t squeeze in my scheduled training. On these days, I still try to find a way to fit in fitness, even if it is just a short walk with my dog. Check out my Five Tips for Fitting in Fitness Every Day.
Five Tips for Fitting in Fitness Every Day
1. First Things First: A favorite meme I have seen floating around social media says “Run the day before it runs you!”. Exercising first thing in the morning ensures that you will get it done. It’s easy to make the excuse that you ran out of time to get to the gym, but not if you go there first thing in the morning before a busy schedule takes over the day.
2. Schedule an Appointment: Treat your exercise plans as appointments with yourself that you can not cancel. One thing I do is write my training schedule down each week in my planner, so I have certain times of each day blocked off specifically for my workouts.
3. Meet A Friend: I love working out with friends! It is great for accountability because if you are meeting someone, you are much less likely to make excuses; such as, “I’m too busy”. Having an exercise buddy also makes the time go by quicker and can make workouts much more enjoyable. It’s a coffee date and a run with your bestie wrapped into one!
4. Make it Short: As an endurance athlete, this is something I struggle with at times as I think “Why go for a 2 mile run, when I can run 6 miles?”. Unfortunately, as an “all or nothing” person this thinking can lead to not doing anything at all when time is limited. Try to focus on a little exercise is better than none at all. This could be a 10 minute walk after dinner of taking your dog to the park to play.
5. Dress for the Occassion: I do love my yoga pants and they are a staple in my daily wardrobe even when I am not planning on performing the Warrior One Pose! It’s great to wear comfy clothing, but it can serve a purpose for fitting in fitness too. Sometimes I am able to squeeze in an impromptu 2 mile run or a 30 minute walk while I am waiting for my son to finish hockey practice.
Talk about dressing for the occasion? Recently, I discovered the Reebok Fast Flexweave Running Shoe at DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse®) and fell in LOVE with them! They are lightweight, durable and provide stability. My favorite thing about them is that they are fashionable as well! They are a solid running shoe with precise cushioning and a strong flexible structure on top that you can wear with gym clothes or jeans. So where can you pick up a pair of these fashionably functional sneakers? I purchased mine at my local DSW store, however you can also buy them online by clicking <HERE>.
So Tell Me…
How do you fit it all in? Do you have any secret hacks for fitting in fitness every day? Have you seen the Reebok Fast Flexweave Running Shoe at DSW?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Week!