Today I am sharing a quick, easy, & versatile salad dish that is healthy & delicious! This Corn, Black Bean, & Mango Salad can be served in many different ways. I prefer it by itself over a bed of greens. My kids like to roll it up in warm tortillas with a sprinkle of cheese. It is also a great party salad and can be served with corn chips.
Here is what you will need:
-24 oz. Frozen Sweet Corn, thawed (or you can use 3 cups of fresh kernels cut off the cob)
-1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
-3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
-2 Mangos, peeled & diced
-1 Medium Red Onion, chopped
-1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
-1/2 Cup of Fresh Lime Juice
-3 Tbsp of Cilantro, chopped
-1/2 tsp Salt
-1/2 tsp Cumin
-2 (15 oz) Cans of Black Beans, rinsed & drained
-1 (4.5 oz) can of Mild Chopped Green Chiles (such as Old El Paso)
-1 Avocado, diced (optional-to serve on top of salad)
-Mixed Greens, Tortillas, or Corn Chips, depending on how you would like to serve this adaptable dish!
1. Heat Coconut Oil over Medium Heat in large non-stick pan.
2. Add Corn and saute over Medium High Heat for approximately 10 minutes or until kernels start to slightly brown.
3. Add the Garlic during last 1 minute of cooking corn.
4. Place Corn & Garlic Mixture in Large Bowl.
5. Add the Mango, Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper, & Lime Juice, stir gently.
6. Add Cilantro, Salt, Cumin, & Green Chiles, stir until combined
7. Last, fold in the Black Beans and stir until combined..
8. Serve Chilled over a bed of greens with 1 Tbsp of Avocado on top, or however you would like to share this flexible recipe!
*Tip: I find this dish is best if prepared a few hours or even a day ahead, so the flavors have a chance to set in!
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|
This recipe is being shared at: Confessions of a Mother Runner , A Whisk and Two Wands ,Running on Happy, The Fit Foodie Mama, Tasty Tuesdays, #Recipe of the week, Real Food Fridays, Allergy Free Wednesday, Gluten Free Friday, Healthy Vegan Fridays, & What’s for Dinner Link-Up