Happy Monday, I hope you had a great weekend! I am just coming out of the post Ironman Lake Placid haze (more to come on that day soon) and I am finally sitting down at my computer after a blogging hiatus. So, today I am sharing my favorite tips for incorporating more water into your daily routine. Almost everyone is familiar with the advice that “You should drink 8 glasses of water a day”, but why? Proper hydration is important to maintaining health and wellness for a number of reasons. It aids in digestion, maintains body muscle tone, assists the brain to work efficiently, and helps burn fat by making sure the kidneys & liver are functioning optimally. With all of these great reasons to drink up, it should be easy to get in the H2O our body needs each day. However, something so simple can feel very hard to do at times. Check out these great Tips for Getting in Your Daily Water.
TIPS FOR GETTING IN YOUR DAILY WATER:
1. Rise & Shine: One of the easiest ways to hit your daily water intake is by tackling it first thing in the morning. Try keeping a bottle of water by your bed & when you wake in the morning, aim for drinking 20 ounces of water before you have your morning coffee or tea.
2. Make Goals: Aim for drinking 1/2 of your water intake by lunch time. This will curb your appetite and also helps prevent having to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.
3. Container Matters: Use a bottle that flows easily. This is something that I have learned along the way and it really makes a big difference! I like using a wide mouth container, that I can take big sips from.
4. Carry it Along: Always keep a bottle of water with you to sip on. This is a great way to get in water all day long!
5. Infuse It: This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy water! I love adding fruits, veggies, and herbs to water to sip on. Some of my favorite combos are: Strawberry-Lime, Blueberry-Lemon, and Orange-Grape.
6. Be Selective: Plain water is just water, right? Not necessarily! I like to be selective when choosing bottled water. Recently, I discovered Starkey Spring Water at Whole Foods and I fell in love with the crisp, silky smooth taste of it. This water comes from a spring 2.2 miles down in the mountains of Idaho and is 100% made by Mother Nature. It is carbon dated 11,000 years and has a pH of 9.6 making it highly alkaline naturally.
Would you like to try Starkey Spring Water? Enter the Giveaway for a chance to win a case of 1 Liter glass bottles of Starkey Spring Water AND a $50 Whole Foods gift card! Click on link below to enter:
So Tell Me…
What Tips for Getting in Your Daily Water are you going to try? Have you ever tried Starkey Spring Water? What is your favorite way to infuse water, or do you prefer water just straight up? Did you enter the awesome Giveaway for a chance to win a case of Starkey Spring Water and a $50 Whole Foods gift card??
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!