Happy Monday, I hope you had a great weekend! I was fortunate enough to spend the weekend skiing in some of the best conditions I have seen in years here in Maine. We had a big storm last week, so there was over a foot of fresh new snow to enjoy. The temperature was also very pleasant making it an ideal time to hit the slopes. I did end up skipping some training this weekend in order to go skiing, but I still got in quite a workout! I have to admit that I did feel guilty because I had been struggling with motivation to train recently. However, I turned that around during a lovely trip to the warm weather in Key West and I have been hitting all my workouts until this weekend. I know that many athletes have slumps where motivation can be lacking, so today I want to share: Five Tips for Finding Fitness Motivation.
Five Tips for Finding Fitness Motivation
1. Set Realistic Goals: Set a goal for yourself to achieve and work towards it. For example, if you are just getting back into running, a goal may be to run 3 miles straight by the end of a few weeks. One thing that always gets me motivated is signing up for a race, which serves as a goal. If I know I will be doing a half marathon at the beginning of the Summer it is a huge incentive for me to stay on track!
2. Workout with a Friend: I love working out with friends! It is great for accountability because if you are meeting someone, you are much less likely to make excuses; such as, “I’m too busy”. Having an exercise buddy also makes the time go by quicker and can make workouts much more enjoyable!
3. Schedule an Appointment: Treat your exercise plans as appointments with yourself that you can not cancel. One thing I do is write my training schedule down each week in my planner, so I have certain times of each day blocked off specifically for my workouts.
4. Change it Up: If your old exercise routine is feeling lack luster, try something new to help get moving again! The off season is a perfect time to try a Zumba or Cross Fit Class at the gym to add some variety to your workouts. These classes can be fun and motivating to get back in shape!
5. Write it Down: Keeping a journal of your workouts can be motivational and inspiring. It is also a great key for accountability to write down what you have done each day. It helps track progress, which can keep you on the right path to reach your fitness goals as well.
Michelob ULTRA’s 95,000 Fitness Experiences
Michelob ULTRA is hosting a 95,000 Fitness Experiences Sweepstakes to help individuals reach their fitness goals. They are encouraging people to live fit and still have fun! Michelob ULTRA has teamed up with some amazing partners to giveaway 95,000 Fitness Experiences between New Year’s Day and May 5th, 2018. You can enter this fabulous sweepstakes by clicking <<<HERE>>>.
So Tell Me…
How do you stay motivated to reach your fitness goals? Do you use any of the Five Tips for Finding Fitness Motivation mentioned above? Did you enter the Michelob ULTRA’s 95,000 Fitness Experiences Sweepstakes?
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are feeling extra motivated now on this Motivational Monday! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Week!
#MichelobULTRA #ilikebeer #LiveULTRA #motivationmonday