This Savory Galette with Corn and Tomatoes is an easy to make vegetarian recipe that is packed with flavor. Using store bought pie crust along with corn, sliced tomatoes and sautéed onions, the savory galette recipe comes together quickly. Serve it up with soup or a salad for a delicious and healthy family meal!
The start of school is just around the corner for the kids, which means weeknights will be very busy. Even when life is hectic, I try to prepare a healthy dinner. This Savory Galette with Corn and Tomatoes is a favorite recipe of mine when I am short on time.
There are just a few ingredients needed to make the vegetarian galette, but it is so flavorful! My kids both love corn, so they look forward to this dinner. Another favorite corn dish they enjoy is my Mexican Corn Casserole.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What do I need to make the Savory Galette with Corn and Tomatoes?
There are just 10 ingredients in this simple, healthy recipe. Here is what you will need:
Kitchen Items Needed:
There are just a few easy steps to make the Corn and Tomato Galette. This is what you will need to do:
Step 1: Prepare the vegetables
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, start off by slicing up one tomato and a half of an onion. Sauté the onion with olive oil until tender and translucent. For the corn, you can use fresh and cut it off the cob or use frozen corn that is rinsed and thawed.
Step 2: Get the pie crust ready
First, whisk an egg in a small bowl and set aside. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll out the pie crust onto it.
*Pro Tip: Spray the baking sheet with a little cooking spray before lining it with the parchment paper. This will help the parchment paper stick and lay down flat on the baking sheet.
Next, spoon the sautéed onions into the center of the pie crust. Top onions with tomato slices, corn and salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3: Prepare the Savory Galette with Corn and Tomatoes
Fold up the edges of the pie crust around the ingredients and brush with the egg wash on the folded edges.
Step 4: Bake the Galette, Serve and Enjoy!
Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley and blue cheese. Cut with pizza cutter into 4 wedges, serve and enjoy!
Can I store the Savory Galette with corn and tomatoes?
Yes, it can be stored for up to 3 days in a covered container in the refrigerator. However, it is best eaten right out of the oven, as the crust may get a little soggy after being stored. If you do refrigerate it, the corn galette can easily be reheated in the microwave or oven.
What should I serve with the Corn Galette?
This is a very light meal on it’s own, so I like to serve it with another tasty dish. This Easy to Make Pumpkin Soup or Carrot Apple Ginger Soup goes perfectly with the galette. A salad like my Easy Broccoli Cauliflower Crunch Salad or Mediterranean Tomato Salad are great to pair with it as well. If you are in the mood for something a little more hearty, it could be served alongside Vegan Pumpkin Chili or Vegan Lentil Soup.
Are there any variations to the Corn and Tomato Galette Recipe?
Yes, this is a simple recipe that can be changed up in a number of ways. Here are a few tasty ideas that you can try:
- Mushroom & Spinach: The vegetables can easily be interchanged if they are thinly sliced or sautéed. Instead of corn and tomatoes, you could sauté onion, mushrooms and baby spinach for the filling. Then, top it with your favorite cheese.
- Heirloom Tomatoes: Not a fan of corn? Or do you have a bumper crop of tomatoes? Fill the galette with a variety of sliced tomatoes and sprinkle your favorite herbs, like rosemary or thyme, on top. Then, bake and add cheese if desired.
- Protein: Add your favorite protein! This recipe would taste great with cooked crumbled bacon or prosciutto. You could also buy a cooked rotisserie chicken at the store and shred it up to add in with the corn and tomatoes.
These are just a few ideas, but feel free to get creative with your favorite veggies, cheese and protein.
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite simple healthy meal for a busy weeknight? Have you ever made a Savory Galette? Will you give this recipe a try?
As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
Savory Galette with Corn and Tomatoes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 cup corn
- ½ white onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Garnish: fresh parsley & feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sauté onion with olive oil, until tender and translucent.
- Thinly slice tomato, set aside.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl, set aside.
- Roll out the pie crust onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the sauteed onions in the middle of the crust.
- Top with sliced tomato, corn and a dash of salt & pepper.
- Fold up the edges of the pie crust around the ingredients.
- Brush the egg wash on the folded edges.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Garnish with fresh parsley and blue cheese crumbles, if desired.