Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe
Hot chocolate bombs (or hot chocolate balls) are literally blowing up social media right now for their ooey-gooey chocolate flavor. This recipe shows you how to make hot chocolate bombs with a peppermint twist.
Looking for more festive sweet treats? Check out these delicious holiday favorites:
What do I need to make hot chocolate bombs?
Kitchen Items Needed:
How do I make the Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs?
These hot chocolate balls with peppermint are so easy to make and there is no chocolate mold required! There are just three simple steps to create this sweet treat.
Looking for more Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipes? Give these reader favorites a try:
Step 1: Prepare Chocolate Bomb Mixture
In a heavy sauce pan, mix sweetened condensed milk, 2 cups of chocolate chips, peppermint extract and hot chocolate powder. Place on stove top over medium-low heat and melt chocolate together with the other ingredients until thickened. It should be the consistency of fudge. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
Step 2: Mold into balls and freeze
Line a plate or tray with parchment paper. Then, mold hot chocolate bomb mixture into balls and place on parchment lined plate or tray. The mixture should yield about 20 balls. Place chocolate balls in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to allow them to firm up.
Step 3: Roll in chocolate and crushed peppermint candies and enjoy!
Melt the remaining cup of chocolate chips and roll the balls in the melted chocolate. Then, roll the balls in the crushed peppermint candies. When you are ready to use them, place the ball in a warm cup of milk, stir and enjoy!
How do I store the Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs?
The Peppermint Chocolate Bombs should be stored in a covered container at room temperature away from heat. They will last up to 10 days when properly stored.
So Tell Me…
Have seen Hot Chocolate Balls on the internet? If so, is there a favorite recipe you have tried? What is your favorite way to prepare hot cocoa?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Mix sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, peppermint extract and hot chocolate in a heavy sauce pan.
- Heat on medium-low until chocolate mixture is melted and thickened. The mixture should not be runny, it should be the consistency of fudge.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Mold into balls and place on a plate or tray lined with parchment paper. Place chocolate balls into the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm up so that they are easier to roll in the chocolate.
- Melt remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips and roll the balls in the chocolate. Then, roll the balls into the crushed peppermint candies
- When you are ready to use, place peppermint chocolate bomb in a cup of warm milk, stir and enjoy!