Happy Friday, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It was a fairly low key one here, although I did do a lot of cooking… not because I had to, but because I love too! I just could not let the day go by without making some of my favorite holiday recipes, cue leftovers. I even whipped up a Fruit Pizza Christmas Wreath to mark the official beginning of the Yuletide season.
PIN IT HERE↓
Typically, I stick to the traditional pumpkin-y desserts for Thanksgiving, but everything seems a little compressed this year! It’s less than 4 weeks until Christmas…Yikes! And did I mention that the next few weekends are jam-packed with the Nutcracker, out of town gymnastics meets, and hockey tournaments? Oh, and I am in the middle of trying to log a ton of distance in the pool too! Truth be told, I love it all! (Feel free to remind me that I said this)
Fruit Pizza Christmas Wreath
Although, I do wish I had a little more time in the kitchen, but life is busy. So, this is why I love my Fruit Pizza Christmas Wreath recipe! It is super easy to make, but it is so festive and always a hit at a holiday celebration!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
What do I need to make the Fruit Pizza Christmas Wreath?
There are just a few simple ingredients needed to make the Fruit Pizza Christmas Wreath. Here they are:
The Fruit Pizza Christmas Wreath is super easy to make! First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Press the cookie dough into a wreath shape, use flour to keep your hands from sticking.
Next, bake the cookie pizza until the edges are golden brown and the center is firm. This will take 15 to 20 minutes, so keep an eye on your oven. Once removed from the oven, allow the cookie pizza to cool completely before decorating.
How do I decorate the Fruit Pizza Christmas Wreath?
First, make the frosting so there is something for the fruit to adhere to. In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Then, spread the cream cheese frosting evenly over the pizza cookie wreath.
Next, prepare the fruit by rinsing, drying and slicing it. Decorate the pizza as desired with fruit. That’s it, super easy!
What else can I use to decorate the Fruit Pizza Christmas Wreath?
I used strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and kiwi fruit for this one. However, just about any type of fruit can be used. It can also be decorated in any design, so it can be made for any occasion.
How do I store the Fruit Pizza Christmas Wreath?
It can be stored in the refrigerator overnight. However, it is best if it is served the same day it is made. The fruit may stain the cream cheese frosting after setting on top of it. It will still taste great, but it will not look as pretty.
- 1 17.5 ounce package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Fruit for decorating: strawberries blueberries, kiwi, oranges, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On the parchment, press the cookie dough into desired shape. Use flour, powdered sugar, or parchment paper to keep your hands from sticking.
- Bake the cookie for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the middle is not jiggly. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before decorating.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Prepare the fruit for decorating the cookie. Make sure fruit is washed, dried, and sliced (if needed).
- Evenly spread cream cheese mixture over the cookie. Decorate as desired with fruit.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Best if served immediately.
So Tell Me…
Are you ready for Christmas? Do you have a quick and easy holiday dessert? Have you ever made a Fruit Pizza Christmas Wreath? If so, what are your favorite fruits to decorate it?
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great holiday season!