With so many parties and get-togethers to attend during the holiday season, finding quick and easy party treats you can make for each celebration is a must. And it doesn’t get much easier than these no bake treats! Made with just four ingredients, these simple gingerbread truffles are packed with holiday flavor. But since there’s no baking involved, they can be made with just a few minutes of prep work!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What Do I Need to Make Gingerbread Truffles?
Since you only need four ingredients to make these no bake holiday treats, they’re a great option for any Christmas get-together. To prepare your own gingerbread truffles at home, you’ll need:
- Cream cheese
- White melting wafers
- Sprinkles for decorating
Looking for more holiday treats? Give these reader favorites a try!
How Do I Make Gingerbread Truffles?
The bite-sized treats are simple to make because there’s no baking involved! That means you can whip them up for your next holiday party with just a few minutes of hands-on work. To make these delicious Christmas truffles, just follow these three easy steps:
Step One: Prepare the Truffles
Combine your crushed gingersnap cookies with softened cream cheese in a large bowl. Stir or beat the ingredients together until the cookie crumbs begin to stick to each other to form a soft dough. After that, use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop out the cookie mixture. Roll the dough between your hands to form an even ball, then place the balls on a plate or baking sheet.
Step Two: Chill the Truffles
After all your gingersnap mixture has been formed into balls, transfer your plate to the refrigerator to chill. The truffles need to chill for at least one hour or until the mixture is solid.
Step Three: Decorate the Gingerbread Balls
To finish making your gingerbread treats, melt your white chocolate according to the package instructions. Place one chilled ball on top of a fork and use a spoon to coat the ball in melted chocolate. Transfer the coated ball to a piece of parchment paper and immediately top with sprinkles. Continue coating until all the gingerbread truffles have been decorated. After that, all that’s left to do is wait for the chocolate to cool and harden before serving.
Gingerbread Truffle Recipe Ideas
Even though these gingerbread treats are simple to make, they’re sure to impress your party guests. And with these recipe ideas, you can prepare some amazing treats for all your friends and family this holiday season with just one simple recipe.
- Try different decorating techniques. Topping your gingerbread balls with sprinkles is a quick and easy way to add holiday flair to your treats. But sprinkles aren’t the only way to decorate your no bake snacks. Use red and green melting chocolate to drizzle holiday colors over the top of your truffles. Or sprinkle some crushed gingersnaps over the top of each cookie to add even more gingerbread flavor to each bite.
- Try using milk or dark chocolate. White chocolate is a festive way to decorate your truffles. But these cookie treats would also taste amazing when topped with dark, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate. Melt your favorite type of chocolate chips in the microwave and coat your gingersnap balls to create a unique sweet treat for your next party.
- Use gingerbread cookies. Making gingerbread balls using storebought gingersnaps is a quick and easy preparation method. But if you have leftover gingerbread cookies at home this holiday season, you can easily substitute those holiday cookies for the gingersnaps in this recipe.
What is the Best Way to Crush Cookies?
Using finely crushed cookies is the best way to create a smooth and creamy truffle. But figuring out the best way to reach that consistency with your storebought cookies isn’t always easy. There are two great ways to crush your gingersnaps for this recipe:
- Use a food processor. The best way to get fine cookie crumbs is with the help of your food processor. Place the cookies in the bowl of your food processor and pulse the blades repeatedly. After that, remove the lid from the processor and check the texture of the cookies inside. If there are still large pieces of cookies on the inside of the bowl, lightly shake the bowl to mix up the cookie crumbs and replace the lid. Continue pulsing the blades until all the crumbs are finely chopped.
- Crush the cookies with a rolling pin. If you don’t have a food processor at home, don’t worry! You can still crush your gingersnaps without the appliance. Just transfer half the cookies to a gallon size bag and close the zipper, making sure to remove as much air as possible from the bag. Spread the cookies out in an even layer on a flat surface and roll the rolling pin over the top of the cookies. Rotate the bag and roll the pin over the cookies again. Continue rotating and rolling until the cookies are finely crushed. Then, repeat the process with the other half of the cookies.
How Do You Store Gingerbread Truffles?
Since these cookie truffles are made using cream cheese, they need to be refrigerated. If you don’t plan on serving your treats immediately, place them in the refrigerator after coating the truffles in chocolate. And if you have treats left over after your party, transfer the cookie balls to an airtight container and store them in the fridge. They’ll stay good for up to four days when stored properly.
- 1 16 ounce package ginger snaps finely crushed
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 10- ounce package white chocolate melting wafers melted
- sprinkles for decorating
- Stir together the crushed ginger snaps and cream cheese until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop out the mixture and roll it into balls.
- Place the balls in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- When the balls have hardened, melt the white chocolate.
- Place the cookie ball on top of a fork and hold the fork over the bowl of melted chocolate. Spoon the melted chocolate over the top of the ball until it's fully covered.
- Transfer the coated ball to a piece of parchment paper and immediately top with sprinkles.
- Allow the truffles to cool and harden before serving.