There’s nothing better than a cold tropical drink on a hot summer day. And when it comes to tropical flavors, it doesn’t get much better than coconut. This creamy coconut punch is packed with tropical flavor! You will love the combination of fresh coconut pieces, coconut water, and milk in this dreamy island punch recipe.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What Do I Need to Make Coconut Punch?
This delicious tropical drink is a quick and easy way to enjoy some island flavor at home. And the best part about this easy recipe is that you only need a handful of ingredients to prepare it! To make your own coconut punch, you will need:
Looking for more delicious tropical recipes? Give these reader favorites a try!
How Do I Make Coconut Punch?
After gathering up all your punch ingredients, this blended drink recipe is simple to make. Just prepare your fresh coconut, add your ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. To make this coconut punch recipe, follow these three easy steps:
Step One: Prepare the Coconut
Make a small hole in the top of the coconut and drain the water. Set the water aside. Open the coconut and remove the meat. Discard the shell and chop the coconut meat into small pieces.
Step Two: Blend the Ingredients
Add the coconut water and flesh to the pitcher of your blender. Pour in the condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, and water. Blend until the liquid is smooth and the coconut pieces are soft.
Step Three: Strain the Punch
When you’re finished blending, use a fine mesh strainer to remove the coconut chunks from the punch. Strain the liquid into a pitcher and ser the coconut pieces aside. The pieces can be added to your glasses for extra coconut flavor or discarded.
Step Four: Serve the Coconut Punch
Fill a glass with ice and pour the punch over the top. Garnish your glass with coconut slices, fresh mint, or a dash of cinnamon before serving.
Coconut Punch Tips & Tricks
You’ll love how easy this refreshing drink is to prepare! And with the helpful tips and tricks, you’ll have everything you need to know to make this delicious punch over and over again.
- Use precut coconut for easier prep. While fresh coconut will provide you with the best flavor, you can also use precut coconut to cut down on your prep work. Simply add canned coconut water and precut coconut pieces to your blender and blend according to the recipe instructions.
- Finely chop the coconut for easier blending. Adding the fresh coconut pieces to your punch is a simple way to add more tropical flavor to your drink. But it can be hard to enjoy your punch when there are large chunks of coconut in your drink! To ensure your punch is easy to drink, try finely chopping the coconut pieces before adding them to the blender. In addition to allow you to add smaller pieces of coconut to your drink after you blend it, the finely chopped coconut pieces will be easier to blend with the rest of your punch ingredients inside the blender.
- Add some tropical garnishes. Give your drink even more island flavor with the help of some tropical garnishes. In addition to topping your punch with coconut slices, you could add more tropical drink garnishes, like a pineapple slice or maraschino cherries. And don’t forget to top your drink with a cocktail umbrella before you start sipping!
How to Open a Coconut
Using fresh coconut is the best way to add delicious tropical flavor to your punch. But cutting open a coconut can be pretty intimidating if you’ve never tried it before. Follow these simple steps to cut your coconut to get the water and meat out of the shell:
- Extract the water. To get the coconut water out of your fruit, start by locating the three eyes on the stem end of the coconut. Use a screwdriver to press into each eye to see which one is the softest. Press the screwdriver into the softest hole until it punctures the shell. Turn the coconut upside down over a bowl and shake until all the water is out.
- Crack the shell. Once the coconut has been drained of all the water, place the coconut on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake it in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, until the hard outer shell begins to crack. Remove the coconut from the oven and allow it to cool until it’s safe to touch. Wrap the coconut in a kitchen towel and tap along the shell with the back of a large knife or a hammer. Continue hitting the coconut in the same place over and over again until the shell cracks.
- Remove the meat. Use a spoon to scrape the coconut meat from the shell. If any of the brown shell is still stuck to the meat, use a vegetable peeler to scrape the skin from the coconut meat. After that, you can chop or shred the coconut to use in your punch.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 medium coconut flesh chopped into small pieces
- 8 cups of water
- If you are using a natural coconut, begin by making a small hole in the coconut to remove the water. Open it in half and keep the meat to chop into small pieces. Add the coconut flesh, the fresh coconut water, half of the water, milk, and vanilla into a blender. Blend until it is smooth and the coconut is very soft.
- Strain half of the liquid into a pitcher and add the rest without straining, so you have some pieces of fresh coconut. If you don’t want to have coconut pieces, strain all of the liquid. If you like, you may add a tablespoon or two of the coconut that was strained for extra flavor.
- Serve with a lot of ice and enjoy!
- You can garnish with coconut slices, mint or a touch of cinnamon.