Happy Monday, I hope you had a great weekend! It was cold and snowy here and I had to stick to the treadmill for running. Not to mention, I am stuck on my bike trainer and the indoor pool from now until Spring! I definitely found myself lacking in motivation to workout. When it starts to get colder and it gets dark earlier, it can be hard to stay motivated enough to exercise. It got me thinking about different ways to stay on track with training. So, today I am sharing Five Ways to Stay Motivated and Fit During Winter.
Five Ways to Stay Motivated and Fit During Winter
1. Find a Workout Buddy- One of the best ways to motivate yourself is to find a friend who wants to stay on track to! Having someone work out alongside you means you’re less likely to to skip a workout.
2. Join A Gym- I do love running outside, even in winter. However, when it is icy, I know it is best to head to the treadmill at the gym. I had a friend that ended up having knee surgery for a torn meniscus after slipping while running last winter! So, joining a gym is a great way to ensure you get in your workout despite the weather. If you’re worried about having to join on a contract, find a gym that allows you to pay as you go, or cancel your membership at anytime.
3. Make Sure to Eat Nutrient Dense Foods- Sticking to a healthy diet can be hard during winter, especially over the Holidays. Maintaining a nutritious diet will not only help motivate you, but it will also help prevent the dreaded winter weight gain. If you’re finding it hard to stay on track, and you’re eating in between meals here are some healthy snacking ideas.
4. Find A Home Exercise Routine- Again, if you don’t want to exercise outside, finding a way you can workout at home is a great way to ensure you stay on top of things. There are a lot of different ways you can exercise in the comfort of your own home. For example, following exercise videos or an online workout routine is very convenient!
5. Set Winter Fitness Goals- Setting goals is a great way to keep you motivated as it will help you stay on track. I know that I personally have a hard time getting myself to the pool when it is really cold out. So every year I sign up for a Swim Challenge that runs from November to February at the club where I swim. This is a huge motivator to get me to the pool as I know I need to hit a certain number of yards each week or I will not be able to complete the challenge.
So Tell Me…
How do you stay motivated and fit during the winter? What is your favorite exercise during the colder months?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would really love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Week!