Happy Friday, I hope you have had a good week! I have been a little under the weather, so I have been laying low for the past two days. It’s such a busy time of year with the holidays right around the corner that I am hoping to be back in full commission this weekend. Speaking of being busy, earlier this week, I had been on the go all day. I started off with doing a long swim workout than headed straight to work. About an hour into work, my stomach was rumbling, and it hit me the I had not eaten anything since early morning. The swim workouts make me ravenous and I have been trying to not eat All The Food afterward! Fortunately, I had my favorite protein bar in my backpack. Otherwise, I may have reached for a big bag of chips or other junk food and devoured it. So today, I am sharing Five Tips for Healthy Snacking.
Five Tips for Healthy Snacking
1. Do Not Skip Meals- One of the most important things is to not skip meals! Eating 3 well balanced meals a day will help maintain blood sugar levels. When you skip a meal, your blood sugar level can drop, which will in turn increase cravings for sugary foods.
2. Stay Hydrated- Make sure to stay well hydrated every day to avoid overeating snacks. Our brains can sometimes confuse thirst for hunger. Nip that in the bud by drinking your 8 glasses of H2O every day.
3. Do Not Snack While Being Distracted- Envision the classic movie theater scene where people are mindlessly eating popcorn. I’ve definitely been there…yikes! Make healthy snacks in small portions to have available and take a break from work or whatever you are doing while eating it.
4. Keep Track of What You Eat- I like to keep a food journal, especially when I am training for a long distance event. It helps me to keep my calories in check to avoid overeating.
5. Keep Healthy Snacks with You While on the Go- I always keep healthy snacks in my gym bag and purse. Things like small bags of nuts or protein bars are convenient and portable.
Recently, I discovered these fabulous protein bars from The Bar Shack. They are custom made gourmet bars that you can choose your ingredients. So, you literally get to select what ingredients are going to go into the bar you order. Start off with the base, I opted for Soft & Datey. Then, choose the Nuts &/or Seeds, I love almond butter so that was my pick. Next up, you get choose several other things to add to the bar, such as dried fruit, protein powders, flours, flavor oils, and flavor & texture enhancers. This is what my delicious bar includes: Dates, Roasted Almond Butter, Coconut Flour, Chocolate Chips, Tart Cherries, Coconut Oil, Pistachios, Cashews, Toasted Coconut, Maca, Bee Pollen Powder, Blueberries, & Sea Salt…WOW!!! That is a lot of stuff to pack into a bar and it is so delicious!! So…it is so awesome to choose all your ingredients, but what is even more fun is choosing the name of your bar!! I went with Marathons and Motivation of course! Check it out:
Would You Like to Try a Box of These Custom Gourmet Protein Bars?
Enter the Giveaway by clicking here: The Bar Shack Giveaway
Do You Need to Try These Bars NOW?
Use this discount code for FREE SHIPPING: MARATHON
So Tell Me…
What ingredients are you going to choose for your first box of custom gourmet protein bars? Do you have a name picked out for the bars?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Weekend!