This post is sponsored by CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortilla but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. Elevate your Taco Tuesday with these light and Delicious Low Carb Turkey Tacos!
This time of year can be so busy with holiday events and the kid’s extracurricular activities. Dinner often needs to be prepared in a hurry! One of my favorite things to make when time is short are these Low Carb Turkey Tacos made with CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas. I was thrilled when I discovered these tortillas in the freezer section at the store. They can be prepared in a skillet or microwave in under a minute, so they are perfect when I am in a hurry to prepare dinner!
PIN IT HERE↓
What do I need to make the Low Carb Turkey Tacos?
There are just 10 simple ingredients in the Low Carb Turkey Tacos:
- CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas
- Ground Turkey
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Bell Pepper
- Chicken Broth
- Chili Powder
How do I make the Low Carb Turkey Tacos?
My favorite thing about making the Low Carb Turkey Tacos is that they can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. All you need to do is heat olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet, then add the turkey. Cook the turkey for about 5 minutes, or until it begins to brown.
Then, stir in the bell peppers and onions. Sauté the veggies for about 5 minutes, until they begin to soften.
Next, add in the spices: chili powder, cumin and paprika. Cook until fragrant.
Add in tomatoes and chicken broth. Simmer for 15 minutes until veggies are tender and the sauce has thickened.
Remove from heat and keep warm. Then heat up the CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas in a clean skillet or microwave them. It only takes 1 minute!
Serve turkey and veggies on top of the warmed CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas. Add all of your favorite toppings and enjoy! That is it…a delicious low carb meal in under 30 minutes!
What toppings can I add to the Low Carb Turkey Tacos?
In these Low Carb Turkey Tacos, I placed the turkey on top of leafy green lettuce. Then, I added thick cut Mexican cheese, diced bell pepper and red onion. I served them with sour cream, avocado and pico de Gallo on the side. Other things that can be added include:
- Refried Beans
- Green Onions
Why use CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas?
They are so light and delicious! I love that they take a minute to prepare, so they are perfect when I am in a hurry. They are made with cauliflower as the first ingredient and come in original or grain free. These naturally gluten, wheat, and preservative-free tortillas are also vegan and dairy-free!
Where do I find the CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas?
I found the CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas in the freezer section at my local grocery store. They can also be found in the refrigerated section at the grocery store. Right now you can get $2.00 off a package of them by clicking <HERE>.
Low Carb Turkey Tacos
- 6 CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper diced
- 3/4 cup White Onion diced
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 cup Canned Tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Leafy Green Lettuce torn into pieces
- Mexcian Blend Cheese shredded
- Red Bell Pepper diced
- Green Bell Pepper diced
- Red Onion diced
- Avocado diced
- Sour Cream
- Pico de Gallo
- Heat 2 Tbp on olive in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add in ground turkey, break up with back of wooden spoon. Cook about 5 minutes, or until turkey begins to brown.
- Stir in diced bell peppers and onions. Saute until veggies begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spices: chili powder, cumin and paprika. Stir until fragrant.
- Next, stir in canned tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until veggies are tender and sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a clean skillet, place frozen CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas in center and heat for 30-45 seconds on one side. Then, using tongs, flip to the other side and heat for additional 30-45 seconds. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Place 1/3 cup of turkey and veggie mixture on top of each CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortilla. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite quick and easy meal to make? Have you tried CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas? Are you going to take advantage of this great coupon <HERE> for $2.00 off your purchase of CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great weekend!