*This post was sponsored by Optimum Nutrition as part of an Influencer Activation and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Happy Friday, I hope you have had a great week! I know I am looking forward to the weekend and finishing up some holiday shopping. I do love this time of year, but it can get so crazy busy that I tend to neglect diet and exercise. It is not intentional, but when there are holiday parties, Nutcracker rehearsals, and hockey games all in the same day, a healthy diet can be tricky to maintain. I am really working hard to not go overboard with seasonal treats too. So, I started to write down some things to keep me on track. Check out these 5 Tips for Eating Healthy During the Holidays.
5 Tips for Eating Healthy During the Holidays
1. Stay Hydrated- Proper hydration is important to maintaining health and wellness for a number of reasons. It aids in digestion and helps burn fat by making sure the kidneys & liver are functioning optimally. Sometimes dehydration can present as hunger too, so that is a huge reason to make sure to remain properly hydrated to avoid over-indulging!
2. Eat Regularly- When life is busy, sometimes we end up unintentionally skipping meals as we rush out the door! Be diligent about eating your regular meals during the season and you will be less likely to overeat the Christmas cookies in the break room at work.
3. Choose Healthy Foods First- I do enjoy a good holiday party! I just love trying new foods and parties are great places to do it. A great tip is to try the healthy foods on the table first so you will be less likely to have a second piece of the chocolate fudge yule log.
4. Treat Yourself- So, it is a festive time of year and we should all step back and enjoy it without feeling guilty. Don’t deprive yourself is there is a seasonal treat you just love! Think of the 80/20 rule when it comes to healthy eating.
5. Bring Along Snacks- One thing I have found very helpful is to carry along my own healthy snacks. As much as I try to eat regularly, there are times I find myself not having time to stop for lunch or running out the door without breakfast. I discovered Optimum Nutrition snacks at Walmart and they are my secret weapon for warding off hunger while on the run!
There are several Optimum Nutrition snacks to choose from at Walmart-Mart. The Cinnamon Roll and Dark Chocolate Truffle Almonds are amazing. I keep a bag of them in the car in case I need a little snack.
The Optimum Nutrition Protein Cake Bites are protein-packed (20 grams per serving!) and really help keep my appetite in check in-between meals. They come in fun flavors like: Birthday Cake, Red Velvet (my favorite!), and Chocolate Frosted Donut.
I keep a few of the Optimum Nutrition Protein Crisp Bars in my gym bag. I definitely need a little snack after a long swim or strength building session. These bars are perfect as they also have a whopping 20 grams of protein in them. My favorite flavor is the Peanut Butter Crunch…Yum!!!
So Tell Me…
Have you tried any of these 5 Tips for Eating Healthy During the Holidays? What is your favorite carry-along snack? Have you tried any of the great snacks from Optimum Nutrtition?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Weekend!