Happy Sunday, I hope you are having a great weekend! It has been a busy one here with the end of hockey season for my son and keeping up with Ironman training for me. It has also been very cold here in Maine, so I have been making making meals to warm us up like: Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie and Guinness Beef Stew. Today we will be on the go again, so I am making a favorite crock pot meal: Corned Beef and Cabbage. This is quick and easy to prepare and is best slowly cooked all day long! It is also a perfect meal to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
- 4 lb. Corned Beef Brisket or Roast
- 5 Carrots, peeled and sliced in thick circles
- 5 Celery Stalks, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 Large White Onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 Red Potatoes, skin on and cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp of Pickling Spices
- 12 oz can of Guinness (or Beer of your choice)
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Medium Head of Green Cabbage, cut into 2 inch wedges
- Add Carrots, Celery, Onion, & Potatoes to bottom of Crock Pot.
- Place Corned Beef, fatty side facing up, on top of Veggies.
- Sprinkle with Pickling Spices
- Add Beer & Water
- Tuck Cabbage all around Corned Beef and on top of it.
- Cook on low in Crock Pot for 8 to 10 hours
- Serve Hot!
Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Do you have a favorite Irish dish? If you are looking for more Irish food recipes to get in the spirit, check out my Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie and Guinness Beef Stew recipes by clicking on the links! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Happy St. Patrick’s Day and may the luck o’ the Irish be with you!
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|