This Three Bean Chili Mix Gift Jar is quick and easy to prepare. It makes a perfect homemade Christmas gift or present for any holiday.
Happy Sunday, I hope you are enjoying your weekend! I have been on a roll this past week with starting to prepare for the upcoming holiday season. Yesterday, I did some experimenting and put together a White Chocolate Cranberry Cookie Mix Jar. I have received similar gifts over the years and always really enjoy them. It turned out great, so today I decided to try creating one for a dinner recipe. Here is what I came up with: Three Bean Chili Mix Gift Jar.
Here are some other great holiday recipe ideas:
- Cranberry and Rosemary Shortbread
- Cheesy Toasted Baguette with Fresh Cranberry and Rosemary
- Raspberry Shortbread Cookies
Three Bean Chili Mix Gift Jar
Ingredients for Three Bean Chili Mix Gift Jar
This was so fun and easy to make! Here is what you will need:
- 32 ounce Jar with Lid
- Gift Tag
- Chili Powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Dried Minced Onion
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Pinto Beans
- Dried Black Beans
- Dried Kidney Beans
How to Make the Three Bean Chili Mix Gift Jar
In a small bowl, combine onion flakes and garlic powder and set aside. In a separate small bowl, combine the chili powder and cayenne. Then, layer the ingredients in this order:
- Kidney Beans
- Onion Flake Mixture
- Pinto Beans
- Black Beans
- Chili Powder Mixture
After adding all the ingredients to the jar, seal and attach the gift tag.
How do I make the gift tag for the Three Bean Chili Mix Gift?
All you have to do is click here to print out tags: 3 Bean Chili Jar 2
- 1 quart 32 ounce jar with lid
- Printable label/gift tag
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 cup dried pinto beans
- 1 cup dried black beans
- 1 cup dried kidney beans
To make the chili, you will also need:
- 2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey browned and drained
- 1 onion diced
- 3 quarts water or beef stock
- 2 28 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce can tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine onion flakes and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine chili powder, cayenne (if desired), and oregano. Set aside.
- Layer ingredients in the jar in this order: Kidney Beans, Onion Flake Mixture, Pinto Beans, Black Beans, Chili Powder Mixture, Parsley, and Cumin.
- Seal and attach gift tag.
So Tell Me…
Do you enjoy making homemade gifts? Have you ever received a recipe in a jar style gift? If so, what was it?
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great weekend!