Hard boiled eggs are a delicious and nutritious snack. Check out the best way to make instant pot hard boiled eggs here. This is a very simple way to prepare the eggs in no time!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
One of my favorite, easy snacks to have on hand are hard boiled eggs. They make a great post-workout food as they are filling and packed with protein. I also love the convenience of them. Hard boiled eggs are a portable treat, just sprinkle a little salt and pepper on them and pop one or two in a small container to eat on the run. Recently, I decided to forgo the old fashioned method of boiling them in a pot and try making them in my beloved Instant Pot. The result? Well, I won’t be going back to the stove top method any time soon!
Are hard boiled eggs a healthy snack?
Yes, they make a terrific healthy snack! Eggs are considered a complete protein containing the proper amount of amino acids. They are nutrient dense and low in calories. In fact, one hard boiled egg only has about 80 calories.
What do I need to make the Instant Pot hard boiled eggs?
How do I make the hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot?
There are just a few simple steps involved in making the Instant Pot hard boiled eggs. First, place a trivet in the liner of a pressure cooker. Then, pour one cup of water into the pot and gently placed the eggs in the trivet.
Place lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the venting valve is on sealing. Then, program the pressure cooker using the “manual” or “pressure cook” setting and set for 5 minutes. When the cycle is complete, perform a quick release. While the pressure is releasing, prepare an ice water bath by filling a large bowl with ice and water.
Next, carefully remove the eggs with silicone tip tongs from the pressure cooker and place them in the ice water bath.
Cool the eggs in the bath for at least 10 minutes.
Remove the eggs from the ice water bath and peel the shell off or store with shell on.
What is the best way to store the eggs?
Hard boiled eggs (peeled or unpeeled) should be stored in the refrigerator within 2 hours after being cooked. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 cup water to bring electric pressure cooker to pressure
- Place trivet in the electric pressure cooker liner.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pot.
- Gently place the eggs on to the trivet.
- Cover the electric pressure cooker and set the venting valve to sealing.
- Program the electric pressure cooker using the “manual” or “pressure cook” setting for 5 minutes.
- When the cook cycle is complete, perform a quick release.
- While the pressure is releasing, prepare an ice water bath by filling a large bowl with ice and water.
- Using tongs, transfer the eggs from the electric pressure cooker to the ice water bath.
- Allow the eggs to cool in the water for 10 minutes before peeling or storing.
So Tell Me…
Have you ever made hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot? What is your favorite way to make hard boiled eggs? Do you have a favorite recipe that you make with them?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
PIN IT HERE↓