This Rainbow Three Bean Salad is quick and easy to make. It is a healthy and delicious side dish perfect for any occasion. The bean salad is very nutritious and low in calories. It also makes a filling vegetarian main dish meal.
Summer is right around the corner here in Maine, so I have been pulling out some of my favorite recipes for warmer weather. This Rainbow Three Bean Salad is at the top of my list! It is packed with flavor and very nutritious. I love that it is very filling, yet low in calories! It is also very quick and easy to make.
Looking for more great Salad Recipes? Give these a try:
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What ingredients do I need to make the Rainbow Three Bean Salad?
There are several ingredients in this delicious Rainbow Three Bean Salad recipe. However, you will likely have many of them in your pantry or on your spice rack. The first items you will need are for the Salad Dressing:
The ingredients needed for the salad base are:
- Black Beans
- Kidney Beans
- Garbanzo Beans
- Red Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Green Bell Pepper
- Canned Black Olives
- Red Onion
- Grape Tomatoes
*Kitchen Items Needed for Recipe:
How do I make the Rainbow Three Bean Salad?
This recipe comes together in a few simple steps.
Step 1: Make the Salad Dressing
Start off by making the salad dressing. Place the olive oil, red wine vinegar, celery salt, black pepper, onion powder and dijon mustard in a mason jar. Shake the ingredients until they are well emulsified and set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the Salad Ingredients
Rinse and drain the canned black olives, black beans, kidney beans and garbanzo beans and set aside. Then, cut the bell peppers and remove seeds and ribs. Chop the peppers up into 1/2 inch pieces. Next, cut the jalapeño in half lengthwise and remove all seeds. Then, rinse the jalapeño and dice it up. Dice up 1/3 cup of red onion and finely chop the parsley. Slice the grape tomatoes into quarters. Place all of the Rainbow Three Bean Salad Ingredients into a large bowl.
Step 3: Put it all together
Stir salad ingredients to combine. Add prepared salad dressing to bean and vegetable mixture and toss to combine.
This salad can be served immediately, but for the best flavor, place in the refrigerator and allow the salad to marinate in the dressing for at least two hours.
How do I store the salad?
This Rainbow Three Bean Salad can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
So Tell Me…
Have you ever made a Rainbow Three Bean Salad? What is your favorite salad? Do you have a “go to” side dish that you love to make?
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
Rainbow Three Bean Salad
For Rainbow Three Bean Salad Dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
Rainbow Three Bean Salad Ingredients
- 1 15.25 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 3.8 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- ⅓ cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes quartered
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- Rinse and drain the canned black olives, black beans, kidney beans and garbanzo beans and set aside.
- Cut the bell peppers and remove seeds and ribs. Chop the peppers up into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut the jalapeño in half lengthwise and remove all seeds. Then, rinse the jalapeño and dice it up.
- Dice up 1/3 cup of red onion.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Slice the grape tomatoes into quarters.
- Place all of the Rainbow Three Bean Salad Ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add salad dressing and toss again until bean and vegetable mixture is covered with the dressing.
- For best results, cover and place in refrigerator to allow to marinate in dressing for at least 2 hours.