This Italian salad recipe is so quick and easy to make. It’s made with delicious cured meats, olives and cheese and it is loaded with flavor! It makes an excellent meal for lunch or a tasty salad with dinner.
I love a good salad recipe! Typically, the salads I create are loaded with fresh vegetables like my favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Crunch Salad. Sometimes I even add a little fruit like in my Cucumber Strawberry Salad recipe. However, yesterday I wanted something a little more hearty, so I made my favorite Italian salad and it was so delicious!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
What do you need to make the Italian Salad?
This salad comes together quickly with 9 ingredients:
- Romaine Lettuce
- Green Bell Pepper
- Roma Tomatoes
- Kalamata Olives
- Green Olives
- Provolone Cheese
Do you use homemade dressing?
I love homemade salad dressing, so I do use it. However, a convenient bottled Italian dressing works too! If you would like to make your own, you will need:
It takes just a few minutes to make the dressing. All you need to do is add the ingredients to a mason jar and shake it to combine. If you do not have a mason jar, the ingredients can be added to a bowl and whisked together.
How do I make the Italian salad?
Prepare all the vegetables: chop the romaine lettuce, dice up the peppers, tomatoes, cured meats, cheese and measure out the olives. Then, put the chopped lettuce in a bowl.
Add in the rest of the ingredients and toss.
Next, add the dressing and toss again to coat. That is it, it is ready to be served!
How do I store the Italian salad?
It can be stored covered in the refrigerator for a few days. However, if you are going to store it, I would recommend not adding the dressing to the entire bowl of salad and just add it to each serving. This will keep the veggies fresh and crisp until the salad is served.
The Best Italian Salad Recipe
- 3 cups romaine lettuce coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup pitted green olives
- 1 cup diced deli ham slices
- 1 cup diced hard salami slices
- 1 cup diced pepperoni slices
- ½ cup diced provolone cheese slices
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, toss together the salad ingredients.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the dressing ingredients or place in a jar. Seal with a lid and shake to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite kind of salad to make? Have you ever made and Italian salad? Do you like to make your own dressing?
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
PIN IT HERE↓