*This post was sponsored by Medterra, but all opinions expressed are my own.
Happy Monday, I hope you had a great weekend! It was a gorgeous one here in Maine and I took advantage of the weather by enjoying some cycling. However, It took my legs some convincing to get on my bike Saturday. I woke up and when I put my feet on the ground I felt my quadriceps seize up. I was like…What is going on? Then, it occurred to me…Bulgarian Split Squats were the cause of this pain…Yikes! I had a strength building session on Friday with my personal trainer and he made sure I got in a hard workout. I ended up hobbling to the bathroom to get my Medterra CBD Topical Cooling Cream. Immediately, I put some on the fronts of both thighs and quickly got some relief. Then, it occurred to me that I had forgotten to make use of My New Favorite Way to Recover After Exercise: Medterra CBD Oil . So this is what is on my mind today…exercise recovery and the benefits of Medterra CBD Oil.
My New Favorite Way to Recover After Exercise
CBD Oil is the common name used for cannabidiol, an increasingly popular herbal remedy. It is derived from cannabis or the marijuana plant. However, it does not contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the main psychoactive component of cannabis. THC binds to certain neuroreceptors in the brain causing the “High” effect. Cannabidiol links to different receptors, which promote a variety of cellular responses for maintaining homeostasis and optimal healthy functioning. So, cannabidiol contains all of the well documented benefits of cannabis, without the psychoactive (or “mind altering”) side effects.
My New Favorite Way to Recover After Exercise: The Benefits of CBD Oil
1. Reduces Inflammation- It has anti-inflammatory properties without the side effects (such as bleeding) of the standard over the counter NSAID’s. In fact, some current research indicates that it may have a greater antioxidant effect than Vitamin C or Vitamin D. So instead of reaching for ibuprofen after a long run or tough workout, give CBD Oil a try.
2. Pain Relief- CBD oil is an analgesic and can provide pain relief for sore muscles after exercise. It has far fewer adverse effects than many traditional medicines used to treat pain.
3. Decreased Nausea- Many athletes can experience nausea resulting in decreased appetite after huge volume workouts. I personally experienced this the night I finished Ironman Lake Placid this Summer. That night, I was up until the wee hours of the morning with extreme nausea and a very upset stomach. I wish I would have known more about CBD Oil at the time as it has been proven to be a powerful anti-emetic.
4. Muscle Relaxant- Another problem I have experienced after big workouts, especially after Ironman Lake Placid, are having muscle spasms. Sometimes they are so painful that they wake me up in the middle of the night. However, I found that using CBD Oil helps keep these spasms at bay, as it has antispasmodic properties.
5. Sleep- CBD may be linked to adenosine, which helps out the body’s circadian rhythm of sleep and awake cycles. Many people find that taking CBD oil before bed helps them have a more restful night.
Now Wait a Minute, I Have a Few Questions…
So Why CBD Oil instead of traditional medicinals?
As outline above, CBD Oil has many of the benefits of traditional medicine without the toxic side effects.
Do I need to worry about it turning a drug test positive?
No, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) removed it from it’s list of banned substances this year. So, just make sure that you are using a product that does not contain THC.
Where do I find this product?
I was able to get CBD Oil and CBD Topical Cream from Medterra. Medterra produces high quality CBD products that contain zero THC. Their CBD Oil and CBD Topical Cream are made from U.S. grown industrial hemp and are fully compliant with State and Federal legislation.
So Tell Me…
Had you ever heard of my new favorite way to recover after exercise? Do you currently use Medterra CBD Oil or any other herbal remedies? Do you have any great tips for exercise recovery?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a wonderful week!