Making the perfect smoothie bowl is easier and harder than it may seem! Here are a list of mix-and-match ingredients to keep in your kitchen for quick, delicious breakfasts and snacks.
Smoothie bowls seem to be all the rage these days! If you follow my blog, you already know that I have hopped right onto that bandwagon. I find that smoothie bowls are more enjoyable and seem to satisfy me more than the traditional breakfast smoothie. I do enjoy sitting down and eating my breakfast with a spoon rather than drinking it out of a straw on the go as well!
7 Essential Ingredients
So, what makes the perfect smoothie bowl? In general, anything goes, but to balance it out and ensure it is nutrient dense, there are 7 essential ingredients.
1. Greens- Spinach, kale, and cucumbers are just a few ideas!
2. Fruit- Anything goes with fruit! I like to use frozen bananas, strawberries, mango, & pineapple
3. Protein- I am not a huge fan of protein powders, so I like to add protein bars, such as Quest Protein Cereal Bars to my smoothie bowls.
4. Healthy Fats- Nuts, avocado, coconut oil are great choices for a healthy fat in your smoothie bowl
5. Superfoods- Yogurt, dark chocolate, chia seeds, and blueberries are just a few of my favorites to add!
6. Ice- I use ice to thicken the the concoction and make it easier to eat with a spoon!
7. Liquid- Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, or Coconut Water are just a few ideas for a healthy liquid to add.
Strawberry Banana Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
Here is a recipe for a new favorite Smoothie Bowl that is a giant hit with my kids!
This Strawberry Chocolate Banana Smoothie Bowl has a protein punch thanks to the addition of a Quest bar, and is delicious and filling on a busy morning!
- 1 Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Quest Chocolate Cereal Protein Bar, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp Almonds
- 2 Cups Ice Cubes
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Sliced Bananas
- Sliced Strawberries
- Place yogurt, baby spinach, banana, & strawberries in blender and blend on high until combined
- Add Quest Chocolate Cereal Protein Bar and blend on high until smooth
- Add almond butter, ice cubes, and almond milk and blend on high until smooth
- Pour into bowl and add toppings
Are you looking for more great smoothie bowl ideas? Click <Here> for my Tropical Protein Smoothie Bowl recipe. Are you looking for easy ways to add more protein to your diet? The Quest Protein Cereal Bars are a great way to do this and they come in 3 Amazing Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon Roll, and Waffle. You can grab them day or night at your participating 7-Eleven location.
Check out all of the Quest Protein Cereal Bars <Here>
So tell me: What is your “Go to Breakfast”? Are you a fan of Smoothie Bowls or do you prefer to drink your Smoothie? What flavor of Quest Bar are you going to pick up on your next stop at a participating 7-Eleven location?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Week!