These Instant Pot Loaded Mashed Potatoes are the ultimate comfort food! They are perfect for a weeknight meal or a great addition to a Sunday Supper.
PIN IT HERE:
The cool, crisp Fall temps here in Maine have been so enjoyable! It is the perfect weather for making comfort foods. I typically try to stick to healthier recipes, but every now and then it is fun to splurge. I love using my Instant Pot for making all types of recipes. One thing I had not tried until today is making mashed potatoes in it. I decided if I was going to make a comfort food that I was going to go all out. These Instant Pot Loaded Mashed Potatoes really hit the spot. They were easy to make and a huge hit with the family too!
Instant Pot Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Here is what you will need to make these decadent and delicious Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes:
- Russet Potatoes
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
Start off by peeling and rinsing about five pounds of Russet Potatoes.
Then, add the water and a teaspoon of salt into the Instant Pot. Place the trivet liner or basket into the pot and add whole peeled potatoes.
Close and seal the Instant Pot lid. Put it to high pressure and set timer for 20 minutes. After the pressure builds, the timer will count down for 20 minutes. When it is done, hit cancel and allow the pressure to naturally release.
When the pressure has released, remove lid from pot. Carefully, remove basket of potatoes and drain fluid out of pot. Return potatoes to the pot or put them in large bowl to mash. Slowly add milk and butter while mashing potatoes with a hand masher.
Then, add remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Instant Pot Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 5 pounds russet potatoes peeled and rinsed
- 2 cups warm milk or half and half for a richer mashed potatoes
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 slices cooked bacon finely chopped
- 2 whole green onions finely chopped (ends removed)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add water and a teaspoon of salt into the Instant Pot, insert basket or trivet liner and add in whole peeled potatoes.
- Close and seal Instant Pot lid. Set to high pressure and set timer to 20 minutes.
- Once 20 minutes are done, hit cancel, and allow for the pressure to naturally release (valve will fall down).
- When pressure has released, carefully remove basket with potatoes out of Instant Pot and drain the Instant Pot.
- Return potatoes either into the Instant Pot or into a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with a hand masher or a hand mixer, adding a little bit of milk and melted butter as you mash until it reaches your desired consistency and is thick.
- Mix in your remaining ingredients, taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Serve and Enjoy!
What else can I add to the Instant Pot Loaded Mashed Potatoes?
The sky is the limit with this delicious comfort food recipe. When I want to get really fancy, I use half and half or cream instead of milk. Calories..what calories? Another great idea is to add cream cheese into the potatoes when mashing them.
So Tell Me…
Do you have a favorite comfort food? Have you ever made mashed potatoes in the Instant Pot? What is your favorite ingredient to add to potatoes?
You may also like:
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!