Vegetarian Cream of Broccoli Soup is an easy to make healthy soup perfect for any night of the week!
PIN IT HERE
Fall has officially arrived here in Maine! The leaves are changing color and the nights are now cool and crisp. I love so many things about this time of year. I like to call it “Soup Season” as the weather is finally cold enough to start enjoying all of my favorite soup and stew recipes. Last night I made this delicious Vegetarian Cream of Broccoli Soup. It was so quick and easy to make and the entire family loved it!
Here is what you will need to make the Vegetarian Cream of Broccoli Soup:
- Garam Masala
- Vegetable Stock
- Heavy Cream
The prep for this only takes about 10 minutes! So, after everything is ready to go, grab a big soup pot and melt the butter over medium heat. Then add the chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes until tender.
Then, add in the spices: garam masala, cumin, turmeric, and ginger and cook for a minute. I love this combo of spices in the soup, it gives it such a delicious flavor!
Next, add in the flour and stir again for 1 minute or until flour is combined.
It’s finally time for the broccoli! Add that along with vegetable stock and salt. Bring it to a boil, then turn the heat down to simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until broccoli is very tender.
Puree in a blender or food processor in batches.
Return the pureed ingredients back to the pot and stir in heavy cream. Heat on low until warm throughout.
Then, serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground tumeric
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 ½ pound broccoli chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric, cumin, garam masala and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the flour, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, broccoli, and salt. Bring to a boil then turn heat down and simmer until broccoli is very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Puree in a blender or food processor a little at a time.
- Return the puree to the pot and stir in the cream.
- Heat through and serve with topping of your choice.
What toppings can I add to Vegetarian Cream of Broccoli Soup?
There are a number of different toppings that taste great on top of the soup! Give these a try:
- Shaved Parmesan
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Crumbled Bacon
- Mixed Seeds
- Sour Cream
- Roasted Chickpeas
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite thing about Fall? Do you love making soup? Have you ever made a Vegetarian Cream of Broccoli Soup?
Looking for more Fall inspired recipes? Check out these:
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Mexican Chili
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach and Toasted Baguette
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.