When it comes to delicious fall desserts, it doesn’t get much better than apple crisp. But if you’re hoping to make a dessert for one or two people, there’s no need to bake up an entire pan of apples topped with streusel. That makes this easy recipe for individual apple crisps so perfect! It’s packed with all the crisp apple flavor in cute, individual servings! And the best part about this delicious vegan recipe is that it can be made in your air fryer to speed up the prep time even more.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What Do I Need to Make Individual Apple Crisps?
These air fryer apple crisps are perfect for when you need individual desserts. That’s because they’re easy to make, with the perfect amount of apples and sweetness to satisfy a sweet craving! To make your fall desserts, you’ll need:
- Natural maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Old Fashioned Oats
- All-purpose flour
- Air Fryer
Looking for more delicious air fryer dessert recipes? Give these reader favorites a try!
Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies | Air Fryer Blueberry Hand Pies |Caramelized Bananas in the Air Fryer | The Best Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
How Do I Make Individual Apple Crisps?
When you have an air fryer, it’s easy to whip up your fall desserts! Just follow these simple instructions for making apple crisps for one or two people using this handy appliance.
Step One: Prepare the Apples
Before you can start layering your apple crisps for cooking, you need to begin by getting the apples ready for baking. First, peel and core each apple. Then, dice the fruit into small pieces and place the pieces in a medium bowl. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, lime juice, and maple syrup to the apples, then stir until all the pieces are fully coated.
Step Two: Mix the Topping
Once your apples are ready, set the bowl aside and grab another bowl to mix up the crumble topping. Add the oats, cinnamon, pecans, maple syrup, flour, and coconut oil to the bowl and mix everything until the oats are evenly coated.
Step Three: Layer the Crumble Dessert
Now that you have the apple filling and crumble topping ready, it’s time to start layering. First, place the apple mixture in a ramekin and pour some melted coconut oil over the top. Then, spread the topping evenly over each ramekin, fully covering the apple mixture.
Step Four: Cook the Apple Crumble
Spray the top of each apple crumble with nonstick cooking spray, then cover the ramekins with foil. Place the individual ramekins in the basket of your air fryer and cook the apple crisps at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. When the cooking time is up, remove the bowls from the basket and serve warm.
Individual Apple Crumble Recipe Ideas
You’ll love how quick and easy it is to make small desserts in your air fryer! Use these recipe ideas and tips for preparing a delicious vegan dessert when craving a sweet treat.
- Remove the foil for a crispy topping. If you prefer your apple crumble topping to be on the crispy side, simply remove the foil from the top of the ramekins when the cooking time is up. Afterward, return the basket to the air fryer and continue cooking for two to three more minutes to add a crunch to your topping.
- Serve with a topping. This air fryer apple crumble is delicious, but that doesn’t mean you can’t dress it up with some toppings! Try serving your cooked apple crumble with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, vanilla yogurt, or caramel sauce.
- Try it with butter. Using coconut oil makes this a delicious vegan dessert. But if you don’t have any coconut oil on hand, you can replace the oil with melted butter. The exact amount of melted butter can be used instead of coconut oil in this recipe.
- Speed up the prep work with apple pie filling. If you’re in a rush and don’t want to spend time peeling and dicing fresh apples, simply replace the apple filling with canned apple pie filling. When you go this route, you can also reduce the cooking time of your individual apple crisps to 15 to 20 minutes.
Should I Bake My Apple Crisp Covered or Uncovered?
When using your air fryer, it’s a good idea to cover the ramekins holding your individual apple crisps. This will help keep the topping from burning while the apples cook. Covering the tops of your dessert may make the topping soft when the crisps are finished baking, though. If you prefer crunchy topping on your apple dessert, just remove the cover and continue cooking the crisps for another two to three minutes to help harden the tops.
What Kind of Dish Can I Use in the Air Fryer?
Any oven-safe dish can be safely used in the air fryer. Before filling up your ramekins and placing them in the air fryer basket, take a look at the bottom of your dish to ensure it says that it’s oven safe. It’s also a good idea to place all the dishes in your air fryer basket before filling them up to make sure they fit and that your air fryer basket will fit properly into the fryer.
Individual Apple Crisps in the Air Fryer
- 4 apples diced in small pieces
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil melted
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup pecans finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- Peel, core, and dice the apples into small pieces.
- Mix the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and maple syrup in a medium bowl until the apples are evenly coated.
- Spray the ramekins lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Distribute the apple mixture evenly between 8 ramekins.
- Pour some melted coconut oil into each ramekin over the apples.
- In another small bowl, mix the oats, cinnamon, nuts, maple syrup, flour, and melted coconut oil, until all the oats are evenly coated.
- Distribute the topping evenly into each ramekin over the apple mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover the ramekins with aluminum foil and bake them for 25 minutes. This may need to be done in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Once they are ready, remove from air fryer, allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Enjoy with some vanilla ice cream, caramel, or with yogurt if you want a lighter dessert or snack.
Friday 31st of March 2023
I like your website. Have You Considered Selling? I would propose x27 of your monthly earnings.
Thank you Best Regards Dennis Demchyna https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100077635508369"