Happy Meatless Monday, I hope you had a great weekend! This week I am sharing a Gluten Free Veggie Pizza with Cauliflower Crust to start the week off right! This recipe is so quick and easy to make. In my opinion, it is just as delicious as a regular pizza, but much easier on the tummy & waistline! It is perfect for Meatless Monday as it can easily be made as a vegetarian dish like the one I share here. However, if you prefer a little meat on top of your pie, feel free to add in the pepperoni, sausage, and bacon.
On Friday nights we have a family pizza night where the kids make their own pizza, toppings and all. It is something we all look forward to after a busy week. In an effort to eat healthy, one of the pizzas we typically whip up is a veggie version with a cauliflower crust, alongside the ones the kids make. Here is what we made this past Friday night while watching the *must see* movie Wonder. However, I think this might become a Meatless Monday staple as well, so I wanted to share it today!
Gluten Free Veggie Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
This Gluten Free Veggie Pizza with Cauliflower Crust is quick and easy to make, just as delicious as a regular pizza, but much easier on the tummy & waistline!
- 1 Head of Cauliflower or a 16 oz bag of Cauliflower Crumbles
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp of Basil
- 1/4 tsp of Oregano
- 1 tsp of Minced Garlic
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp of Brown Rice Flour
- Your Choice of toppings
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees
- Chop Cauliflower and add to food processor, pulse it until it has a rice like consistency. OR, use Cauliflower Crumbles. I was so excited when I saw this in the produce section of the grocery store, as it will be a real time saver in the kitchen for me.
- Place “riced”cauliflower in bowl and add 2 Tbsp of water. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for about 8 minutes.
- Let the cauliflower cool & be careful when removing plastic wrap as the steam will seep out.
- Drain cauliflower after it has cooled and place on double layer of paper towels. Then take an additional double layer of paper towels and place on top. Press the moisture out of the cauliflower.
- Place back in bowl and mix in cheese, basil, oregano, & garlic.
- Whisk 2 eggs in bowl, then mix eggs into cauliflower concoction.
- Next, add 3 Tbsp of Brown Rice Flour (you can use regular flour if you are not making gluten free), and blend until well mixed and “dough” is sticky.
- Spread mixture onto pan coated with olive oil and shape into circle.
- Add your toppings! I made a veggie pizza, but you can add whatever you like. This pizza has 3/4 Cup of Pizza Sauce, 3/4 cup of Mozzarella Cheese, 3 Tbsp of Goat Cheese Crumbles, 1 sliced shallot, 1/2 Cup of chopped Bell Peppers, 1/4 Cup of Chopped Onions, & 1/4 Cup of sliced Brussels Sprouts and 1/2 Cup of halved Cherry Tomatoes.
- Bake at 450 degrees on center rack of oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges brown slightly and cheese has melted.
- Let cool and slice!
A Quick Tip!
So…the cauliflower crust is fabulous! However, it is essential to let it cool if you want to cut it into “pizza slices”. If you are eager to dig in right away…No Worries, just grab a fork and dig in!
So Tell Me..
Do you enjoy a family pizza and movie night? What is your favorite family movie to watch? Have you ever made a Gluten Free Veggie Pizza with Cauliflower Crust? What are your favorite pizza toppings?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.
Have a Great Week!