This week I am sharing a recipe for Gluten Free Pasta Primavera. “Primavera” which means “Spring” is a traditional Italian dish. The entire family loves this fresh & colorful main course that contains lots of fresh vegetables including: cherry tomatoes, asparagus, sweet peas, peppers, and spinach, which is topped with fresh basil leaves and parmesean cheese.
A Gluten Free Pasta dish loaded with fresh veggies, including: asparagus, peas, bell peppers, spinach, cherry tomatoes, & mushrooms
- 12 ounces of Gluten Free Pasta of your choice
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Cup of Frozen Peas
- 1/2 of Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 of Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of Orange Bell Pepper, chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Cup of Shitake Mushrooms, cleaned & rinsed
- 1 Cup of Baby Spinach
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cup of Chicken Broth (or Vegetable Broth)
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Fresh Parmesean Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Chopped Basil Leaves
- Coarse Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Boil Pasta according to directions on package.
- During the Last 2 minutes of boiling the pasta, Add the Asaparagus & Peas.
- Drain Pasta Combo, then Rinse the Pasta, Asparagus, & Peas and put back in pot to keep warm.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil in Pan over Medium Heat
- Add Bell Peppers, Onion, & Shallot, sauté for approximately 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add Garlic & sauté for 1 minute.
- Add Shitake Mushrooms, Spinach, & 1 tsp of Olive Oil, Sauté approximately 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add Cherry Tomatoes and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in Chicken Broth & remove from heat.
- Add Heavy Cream slowly while gently stirring, place back over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the Veggie & Cream Mixture to Pasta Mixture & Toss gently.
- Serve warm with Parmesan Cheese & Fresh Basil sprinkled on top.
Have you ever made Pasta Primavera? What are your favorite Spring Veggies? I would love to hear from you. Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think! Have a Great Week 🙂
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|