This post was sponsored by Supreme Source® as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
It’s no secret that I am a huge fan of running! However, did you know that my dog loves running just as much as I do? Walter is a handsome and very athletic three-year-old Spinone Italiano-Lab mix who has endless energy! When I go on trail runs, I take him with me and he really keeps me moving! Check out my Five Tips for Running with Your Dog.
Five Tips for Running with your Dog
- Check with the Vet: The most important thing to do before starting to run with your dog is to check in with your veterinarian. It is essential to make sure your dog is in good health before pounding the pavement with him or her. Some breeds are prone to joint injuries and should avoid running distances, so play it safe and ask first!
- Keep it Short at First: Similar to starting your own running routine, a dog needs to start off slowly with short distances to avoid injury. When Walter and I started running together, I did run/walk intervals where we would run a ¼ of a mile than walk a ¼ of a mile for 2 miles. Over time I made the intervals longer distances until we were able to run the 2 miles straight.
- Take it to the Trails: Running on trails is easier on your furry friend’s joints and paws than running on the pavement. It is also a great place to start a running routine because you do not have to worry about traffic.
- Stop for Water: Just as we humans need to hydrate while running, our pups do too! In fact, dogs overheat quicker than humans so it is essential to make sure they are able to stop and drink water as needed. I carry along this convenient collapsible water bowl for him to drink from.
- Nourish Properly: Make sure your dog is getting the proper nourishment as you increase their activity level. We humans are very conscious of what we put into our bodies, but often do not think about our pet’s diet. Recently, I discovered Supreme Source Pet Food® at our local Hannaford Grocery Store and decided to have Walter give it a try!
I was out on a run with Walter when I realized that I carefully scrutinize labels at the store when buying food for my family, however I never really pay much attention to the labels on his food. On my next trip to Hannaford I decided to really look at the labels of the various dog foods. This is when I discovered Supreme Source Pet Food. This dog food is grain free and contains no artificial flavors or colors. It is formulated of a healthy blend of fruits and veggies that are a natural source of potassium, fiber, vitamins and minerals. It sounded like the perfect food for my athletic dog so I decided to give it a try!
Walter is going to be participating in the Super Foods Switch 10 Day Detox to improve his mind, body, and soul and your pet can join in too! Check out the Super Foods Switch site <HERE> for a free bag of Supreme Source® pet food (up to $9.99 value, while supplies last) this March and April. Sign up for daily emails with tips and instructions on having a better relationship with you pet. I am really looking forward to seeing how Walter responds to the Pet Dextox!
So Tell Me…
Do you run with your dog? Where is your favorite place to run with your faithful companaion? Are you going to try the Super Foods Switch 10 Day Detox for your pup?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Week!