This post was sponsored by Supreme Source® as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I know my beloved dog Walter can be a bright spot on a stressful day. He is also a great running partner! Not to mention, a fun playmate for my children. If you’re a dog lover like me, you want to see your faithful companion as happy and go-lucky as possible! Check out these Five Great Ways to Keep Your Dog Happy.
Five Great Ways to Keep Your Dog Happy
- Stop and Smell the Roses: Sometimes taking our furry friends for walks can seem like a chore when we are rushed. Make sure to take at least a few minutes on each walk where your dog can “stop and smell the roses”. Let them sniff everything, as this is their way of checking out their surroundings.
- Game Time: Most dogs love playing games with their owners. Whether it is fetching a tennis ball or tug-of war with a rope toy, this is sure to keep your canine happy.
- Put them to Work: Many types of dogs were bred for working with or beside humans. So it is in their nature to want to fetch the newspaper or chase after a tennis ball. One of my dogs was so conditioned to get the newspaper that when we stopped our delivery service, she headed to the neighbor’s house to get their paper for them!
- Go for a Run: There is nothing that some dogs love more than running freely. Seek out a dog friendly and safe place that you can take your dog to so they can enjoy the freedom of running off leash! If you enjoy running, take them with you on your shorter runs. Check out my post on running with your dog <Here>.
- Nourish them Well: I saved the most important tip for last! Feeding your dog well and helping them maintain a healthy weight is essential for the overall happiness. We humans are very conscious of what we put into our bodies, but often do not think about our pet’s diet. Recently, I discovered Supreme Source Pet Food® at our local Hannaford Grocery Store and decided to have Walter give it a try! In fact, he recently participated in their 10-Day Detox Program and the results were great!
Supreme Source 10 Day Detox
Walter participated in the Super Foods Switch 10 Day Detox to improve his mind, body, and soul. Supreme Source Pet Food is grain free and contains no artificial flavors or colors. It is formulated of a healthy blend of fruits and veggies that are a natural source of potassium, fiber, vitamins and minerals. It is the perfect food for my athletic dog! Walter tried the Turkey Meal and Sweet Potato Recipe for the detox. The good news is your dog can try it too! Check out the Super Foods Switch site <HERE> to save on a bag of Supreme Source® Pet Food this Spring. You can also sign up for daily emails with tips and instructions on having a better relationship with your pet.
I slowly switched Walter’s food over to the Supreme Source Pet Food over the 10-day period and this is how I did it:
Days 1-3: I gave him 75% of his regular food and 25% of the Supreme Source Pet Food.
Days 4-6: Walter received 50% of his regular food and 50% of the Supreme Source Pet Food.
Days 7-9: He got 75% of the Supreme Source Pet Food and 25% of his other food.
Day 10: By the last day of the detox he was eating and loving 100% of the Supreme Source Pet Food. Now, that is currently all he eats for his meals. He really enjoys his food and is such a happy dog that brings so much joy to our entire family!
So Tell Me…
Do you have any great tips for keeping your loyal companion happy? Are you going to try the Super Foods Switch 10 Day Detox for your pup this Spring?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Week!