I can’t believe Christmas is right around the corner, it seems like I was just complaining about running in the Summer heat. Now, I’m bundling up to run in the cold weather! Speaking of Christmas, I am often asked what is a good present to get for runners? So, I decided to compile a list of five great holiday gifts for runners. Check them out here:
1. Nathan Fuel Belt: I have used this fuel belt belt for the past 5 years and it has been fantastic. It holds 4-10 oz. bottles of fluid and has a big zip pocket in the front that holds my phone and nutrition. It adjusts easily on the sides, so it can be made bigger for winter weather training and tightened up when you have less clothes on in warmer weather. It also fits firmly with minimal bounce. I even use it for shorter runs and just keep one bottle in the belt. This would be a great gift for the distance runner
in your life.
2. Mio Global Heart Rate Monitor: This is a wonderful gift for anyone who does heart rate training. I had used a chest strap heart rate monitor for the past few years and it was just never comfortable. I would get severe chaffing or it would slide down making some workouts miserable to the point I would just take it off. I discovered The Mio Global Wrist Heart Rate Monitor during Ironman Training and it has been great! It is very comfortable and user friendly. I wear it on my right wrist and my watch on my left wrist. It can be used as a stand alone monitor with information transferred to an application on a smart phone or it will connect to a GPS watch via bluetooth technology.
3. Mizuno Winter Running Shirt and Gloves: The shirt is a great base layer on very cold days, but can be worn by itself on warmer winter days. It is made with “Breath Thermo” which is an amazing form of heat-generating technology. I also love the gloves, they keep my hands toasty via Breath Thermo technology as well. They are lightweight and have a pocket on the back, which is very handy. I like to tuck a few kleenex in this space as the winter weather can cause my nose to run. They also have a touch screen finger on both hands to allow easy smartphone use. This combo would be a perfect present under the Christmas tree!
4. Smashfest Queen Pants: It’s no secret that I am a huge fan of all things from Smashfest Queen. In the past two years, the company began introducing running clothes and they are fantastic! Among the things I love are these running pants. They have a yoga waist band, which make them very comfortable for running any distance. Surprise someone this holiday season with these fun and colorful running tights!
5. MyoBuddy Pro Massager: This is a “must have” for the runner or athlete in your life! The MyoBuddy Pro Massager is a personal electric massager that provides professional grade deep tissue, warming, trigger point and vibrational massage right in the palm of your hands! I got one as a gift earlier this year and it has been a game changer for recovery after long runs, big bike rides, and distance swimming. My son loves using it as well to get out the kinks and soreness after a long day of hockey! Some wonderful benefits from the MyoBuddy Pro Massager are: relieving muscular tightness and reducing physical stress on bones and joints, warming massage to help ease stiffness, and the percussive massage has been shown to help deliver more oxygen and nutrients to muscle tissue, which will aid in recovery.
Are you considering purchasing a MyoBuddy Pro Massager for the athlete in your life? Use discount code: SPANG for a whopping $100 off your purchase!
So Tell Me…
Are any of these items on your Christmas wish list? Will you be purchasing any of these gifts for a loved one? Are you last minute shopper or do you plan ahead?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Happy Holiday Shopping to you!!