Finding healthy and refreshing drinks to enjoy on a hot day can be difficult! The next time you have a craving for something sweet, skip the milkshake and whip up this easy mango lassi recipe instead. Made with just four ingredients, this simple yogurt-based treat is the perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth without sacrificing your diet.
What is a Lassi?
A lassi is basically a smoothie, although many lassi recipes included added spices to enhance the flavor. A mango lassi is traditionally made by combining yogurt and mango, along with a few Indian spices. Lassis can be made to be both sweet and savory. The sweet variation of the drink is usually made with mango and is the most popular lassi recipe.
Looking for more easy smoothie recipes to try? Check out these reader favorites:
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What Do I Need to This Mango Lassi Recipe?
This simple sweet drink can be made with just four ingredients. That means you can easily whip up your own frozen lassi as a healthy snack or delicious breakfast treat. Here’s what you’ll need to make a mango lassi.
- Frozen mango
- Lemon juice
In addition to those four simple ingredients, you can also add milk to your drink to thin it if the lassi is too difficult to drink.
How Do I Make a Mango Lassi?
Since this simple recipe only uses four ingredients, it’s very easy to make. Follow these two steps to make your own lassi in a matter of minutes:
Step One: Combine the Ingredients
Place the mango, yogurt, honey, and lemon juice in the pitcher of a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
Step Two: Add milk if needed
If the ingredients become too thick to blend, add a small amount of milk, a little at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
Mango Lassi Recipe Ideas
Since this recipe is so simple to make, there are a variety of ways you can change it up to suit your tastes. Try these recipe ideas for your mango lassi:
- Garnish with almonds: For some added crunch and a little more protein, try garnishing your lassi with a few sliced almonds. Just sprinkle them over the top of the drink before you’re ready to serve it.
- Make it dairy free: This recipe can easily be adapted to a dairy free drink. Start by using dairy free yogurt, then add in almond milk to thin the mixture if needed.
- Add some spices: Enhance the flavor of your mango lassi by sprinkling in a pinch of spices before or after blending. A dusting of ground cinnamon or cardamom will add a hint of spice to your sweet drink.
- Increase the sweetness: While the combination of sweet mango and honey provides some natural sweetness to this frozen drink, you can easily increase the sweetness of your drink. Add more honey or sprinkle in a little bit of your favorite sweetener before blending to adjust the flavor to your liking.
- Use fresh mango: Frozen mango is a great way to thicken the drink, but if you only have fresh mango on hand, use it instead. Simply toss in the fresh mango with the yogurt, honey, and lemon juice and blend. If you feel as though your lassi is too thin, add a handful of ice cubes and blend again to thicken the drink.
How Long Does Mango Lassi Last in the Fridge?
When stored properly, you can keep your blended mango lassi in your refrigerator for three to four days. Place the drink in an airtight container to store it, then enjoy it as soon as possible. While the lassi won’t go bad for a few days, the freshness of the drink will decrease over time.
You can drink the lassi straight from the fridge, but it probably won’t be as thick as it was when it was first blended. To thicken the drink, try placing it in a blender with a handful of ice cubes. Blend the two ingredients together until smooth and enjoy.
What is the Best Way to Cut a Mango?
If you plan on using fresh mango for this recipe, you’re probably wondering how to cut into the tough-skinned fruit. Start by standing the mango on its end with the stem side down. Hold the mango in place with one hand and use the other hand to cut from the top of the mango down one side of the pit. Repeat the same process with the other side, so you have three slices – two halves and a middle section with the pit inside.
Place the mango halves skin-side down. Use the knife to cut lengthwise and crosswise cuts in the flesh, making sure not to cut all the way through the peel. Invert the mango by flipping the fruit upside down and pushing the skin up so the cut pieces are sticking out. Slide your knife down the skin to cut the flesh away. After that, simply remove the flesh from the pit by cutting around the pit with a paring knife, then removing the peel.
Easy Mango Lassi Recipe
- 2 cups frozen mango chunk
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Milk regular milk or plant based milk (optional) to thin out lassi if desired
- Fresh Mint for garnish, optional