Coming up with delicious desserts is one of the best ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day. And while candy and cakes are popular sweet treats to serve your honey on the holiday, what better way to show you care than with a delicious dip? This cream cheese dessert dip is perfect for the romantic holiday! That’s because it’s a no-bake treat you can easily decorate for the holiday with a little bit of food coloring and some Valentine’s Day sprinkles.
What Do I Need to Make Cream Cheese Dessert Dip?
My favorite part about this simple dessert dip recipe is that it’s so versatile. You can leave it plain for a delicious afternoon snack. Or dress it up for your favorite holiday. And since you can serve your cream cheese dip with a variety of dippers, it’s perfect for just about any celebration. To make your own dessert dip at home, you’ll need just five ingredients:
After you make the dip, why not dress it up for Valentine’s Day? To create a delicious Valentine’s dessert, you can add these ingredients to your dip:
How Do I Make Cream Cheese Dessert Dip?
Since there’s no baking involved in preparing this simple dessert, you can whip it up with just a few minutes of prep work. Just follow these three steps to make this unique treat for your Valentine’s Day celebration:
Step One: Combine the Cream Cheese and Sugar
To prepare this easy dessert dip, start by combining the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Beat the two ingredients together until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Step Two: Mix in the Remaining Ingredients
Once you have a smooth base, add the marshmallow cream and vanilla extract to the bowl. Blend the marshmallow cream into the cream cheese mixture until all the ingredients are well combined. Then, add half the whipped topping to the bowl and gently fold it into the rest of the ingredients. Once the first half of the whipped topping is mixed in, fold in the remaining topping into the dip.
Step Three: Decorate for Valentine’s Day
Once the dip is ready, you can have some fun decorating your dessert for the holiday. Divide the dip into two different bowls. Add red food coloring to one and pink food coloring to the other. Stir each bowl until the food coloring is well mixed, making sure not to over mix the ingredients, which may cause the whipped topping to separate.
Now that the two colors are mixed, add small dollops of each color into your serving bowl. Continue rotating between the two colors until all the dip has been transferred to the bowl. Then, use a knife or skewer to swirl the two colors together. After that, top the dip with sprinkles and serve with your favorite cookies or fruit for dipping.
Cream Cheese Dip Tips & Tricks
Once you make this quick and easy dip, it’s going to be your go-to dessert for all your parties and get-togethers! And with these tips and tricks, you’ll be a pro at making cream cheese dip in no time.
- Always start with softened cream cheese. The key to getting smooth, creamy dip is to start with softened cream cheese. Around an hour before you plan to prepare your dip, remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator to allow it to come to room temperature. Or, if you’re in a hurry, place the cream cheese in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds to help soften it more quickly.
- Sift the powdered sugar for a smooth consistency. Powdered sugar can easily get lumpy when it’s blended with cream cheese. To help keep the lumps at bay, try sifting the powdered sugar before adding it to the bowl. You can run it through your sifter. Or simply add the powdered sugar to a bowl and stir it with a whisk or fork for a few seconds to break up any lumps.
- Keep the dip chilled. Since this dip is made with dairy-based ingredients, it’s important to keep it chilled. Store the dip covered in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it. And don’t forget to return it to the fridge if you have any leftovers. The dip will stay good for up to four days when stored properly.
What Do You Serve with Cream Cheese Dessert Dip?
The beauty of this easy dessert is that you can serve it with a variety of different dippers! Try these dipping options when you serve your own cream cheese dip for Valentine’s Day.
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Animal crackers
- Nilla wafers
- Apple slices
- Pear slices
- Oreos (chocolate or golden)
- Cinnamon tortilla chips
- Dried banana chips
- Waffle cone chips
Cream Cheese Dessert Dip for Valentine’s Day
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Mix in the marshmallow cream and vanilla.
- Fold a large spoonful of the thawed whipped topping into the dip mixture. Then, fold the remaining whipped topping into the dip until completely combined.
- Divide the dip into 3 small bowls. Add red food coloring to one and pink food coloring to the. Leave one bowl plain white. Carefully mix until the colors are incorporated. Do not overstir as the dip will deflate.
- Add small dollops of the differently colored dip to a bowl. Then, run a knife or bamboo skewer around in the dip to create swirls. Do not overstir or the dip will become burgundy.
- Top the dip with assorted sprinkles.
- Serve with your choice of cookies (like vanilla wafers, butter cookies, shortbread cookies, sugar cookies, and/or gingersnaps) or fruit.