Sliders are a perfect recipe choice for a quick dinner or even a game day snack. But traditional sliders can be so boring! Instead of serving plain mini sandwiches for your next party, why not try something different? These chicken parmesan sliders are made with crescent rolls for a delicious grab and go snack perfect for a party!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What Do I Need to Make Chicken Parmesan Sliders?
While traditional sliders are made with mini buns, these fun treats use crescent rolls instead. That makes them light, fluffy, and perfect for snacking. To make your own chicken parmesan sliders using crescent rolls, you’ll need:
- Chicken Strips
- Crescent rolls
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
Looking for more great ways to use crescent rolls? Give these reader favorite recipes a try!
How Do I Make Parmesan Chicken Sliders with Crescent Rolls?
When you have your ingredients prepared, all you have to do is put your stuffed crescent rolls together. Follow these three quick steps to make your own crescent roll sliders at home:
Step One: Prepare the Chicken
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place the frozen chicken strips on top. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and bake the chicken for 10 minutes.
Step Two: Stuff the Crescent Rolls
When the cook time is up for the chicken, unroll the crescent roll dough and separate each piece into triangles. Cut the chicken strips in half and place one piece of chicken on the end of each triangle. Top the chicken with a spoonful of marinara sauce. Cut your sliced mozzarella cheese into quarters and place two pieces on top of each chicken. Wrap the end of the crescent roll dough around the chicken strip and press the end of the dough in place to secure it.
Step Three: Bake the Chicken Sliders
Remove the foil from the pan and place the crescent rolls on the ungreased baking sheet. Bake the chicken sliders according to the package instructions on your crescent rolls. Most crescent rolls bake between 9 and 13 minutes. When the crescents are golden brown, you can remove the pan from the oven. Before serving, brush each slider with melted butter and top with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
Chicken Parmesan Slider Recipe Ideas
You’re going to love how simple these Italian sliders are to make. And since the recipe is so easy, you can adjust it in a variety of ways! Try these recipe ideas the next time you prepare this recipe to create delicious new dish.
- Use slider buns. The most obvious way to adjust the recipe is to turn these crescent roll sliders into traditional sliders. Lay your slider buns flat on a baking sheet and use a large knife to slice all the buns in half. After baking your chicken strips, line up the chicken strips on the bottom half of the slider buns. Top the chicken with sauce and cheese, then place the buns on top. Brush with butter and top with seasoning, then bake the siders until the buns are heated through and lightly toasted.
- Add more seasoning. Although marinara sauce typically contains plenty of Italian seasoning, if you want to take the flavor of your sliders up a notch, try adding more seasoning to you chicken before adding the toppings. You can sprinkle an Italian seasoning blend on the chicken or use individual seasonings like oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, and garlic. You can even sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese over the top for added flavor.
- Use different cheeses. While mozzarella is a popular cheese choice when making traditional chicken parmesan, you can adjust this recipe to add different types of cheese to the mix. Any Italian style cheese would make a great addition to your sliders, including parmesan, asiago, Romano, or provolone. You can also use shredded cheese to stuff your crescent rolls or add string cheese to the crescents before rolling them up.
- Try grilled or shredded chicken. The breading on the outside of the frozen chicken strips adds a great crunch to your sliders. But you can also use plain grilled or shredded chicken in your crescent rolls. Simply add the cooked chicken to the crescent rolls, top it with sauce and cheese, then roll it up and bake the crescents according to the recipe instructions.
Can I Make Chicken Parmesan Sliders Ahead of Time?
These flavorful sliders are best enjoyed right out of the oven, so it’s not a good idea to prepare your stuffed crescent rolls ahead. By the time you’re ready to enjoy them, the bread will be soggy and the chicken will be chewy.
If you want to prepare part of your sliders in advance, try baking the chicken ahead of time and storing it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to stuff your crescent rolls. Reheat the chicken for a few minutes in the oven or in your air fryer, then add the heated chicken strips to the crescent rolls along with the rest of the ingredients.
Chicken Parmesan Sliders with Crescent Rolls
- 4 frozen chicken strips
- 1 8- count package crescent rolls
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and bake the chicken strips for 10 minutes.
- When the cook time is up, unroll the crescent roll dough and separate it into triangles. Cut each chicken strip in half and place one strip on the end of each triangle.
- Top the chicken with a spoonful of marinara sauce and two pieces of mozzarella cheese.
- Wrap the end of the crescent roll dough around the chicken strip.
- Remove the foil from the pan and place the crescent rolls on the baking sheet.
- Bake the crescents for 10 to 12 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.
- Before serving, brush each crescent roll with melted butter and top with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.