These delicious carrot cake breakfast cookies are quick and easy to make! They make a fantastic breakfast treat to eat on the go or are great any time of day!
Happy Friday, I hope you are having a great week! It’s been a lovely one here in Maine and I am enjoying these last few weeks of summer. It’s so hard to believe that my kids will be back in school in less than 2 weeks. Summer vacation just flew right by! I will miss the relaxed mornings and letting them sleep in. School day mornings are always so hectic and sometimes breakfast is eaten on the fly!
One of my favorite things to have on hand are these Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies. They are quick and easy to make. My kids really enjoy them as they can eat them on the way to school. I like that they contain fresh carrots too!
Check out these other posts for ideas to start your day!
Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Here is what you will need to bake these delicious cookies:
- Quick-cooking oats
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Ground ginger
- Matchstick Carrots (or shredded carrots)
- Chopped pecans
- Chopped dried pineapple
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Maple syrup
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, in a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and ginger
Next, add the carrots, pecans, pineapple, and coconut.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, maple syrup, egg, and butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until completely combined.
Use a large scoop (about ¼ cup) to evenly divide the batter, placing about 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
Flatten each portion with the back of the scoop or the palm of your hand to about ¾ inch thick.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges are golden. Cool on the baking pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. They taste fabulous warmed up too! I put them in the microwave for about 15 seconds before eating them. They are amazing with a cup of coffee in the morning!
Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ cups matchstick carrots ***(or shredded carrots that are well drained on paper towels)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried pineapple chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and ginger.
- Add the carrots, pecans, pineapple, and coconut.
- In another bowl, whisk together the vanilla, syrup, egg, and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Use a large scoop (about ¼ cup to evenly divide the batter, placing about 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Flatten each portion with the back of the scoop or the palm of your hand to about ¾ inch thick.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Cool on the baking pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- To heat, microwave each cookie for 15 to 30 seconds depending on the wattage of the microwave
Can I Warm Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies Up?
Yes, absolutely! Pop them in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds, depending on wattage of microwave. They are fabulous with a cup of milk!
So Tell Me…
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great weekend!
PIN IT HERE: