In this bruschetta with feta and tomato recipe, the garlic and oil are combined before brushing it on the bread slices and toasting. This gives the appetizer a more robust garlic flavor.
I just love a freshly baked baguette and I almost always pick one up when I go to the bakery or grocery store. There are so many things you can do with it. Slice it in half lengthwise and make a sandwich or toast it with butter. I like to cut it in thin slices and serve it along side soup or salad. Another favorite way to use a baguette is make bruschetta. Last night I made this delicious bruschetta with feta and tomato to snack on before dinner. The easy recipe was so delicious that I had to share it here!
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is a classic antipasto from Italy. It’s basically slices of bread that have been drizzled with olive oil, toasted and rubbed with garlic. It’s often topped with anything from vegetables to cured meats. In this bruschetta with feta and tomato recipe, the garlic and oil are combined before brushing it on the bread slices and toasting. This gives the appetizer a more robust garlic flavor.
What ingredients do I need to make the Bruschetta with Feta and Tomato?
The bruschetta with feta and tomato is very simple to make. You will just need ten ingredients to make this tasty recipe.
- Red Onion
- Feta Cheese
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
Kitchen items needed for the bruschetta:
- Small Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Basting Brush
How do I make the Bruschetta with Feta and Tomato?
This is such a quick and easy appetizer to put together! First, make the feta and tomato topping. In a medium bowl, toss together the tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese and basil with olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator while making the bruschetta.
Next, make the bruschetta. Start off by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and garlic. Then, arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet and brush them with the garlic and olive oil mixture.
Toast the bread slices in the oven for about 15 minutes or until they are lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then, spoon the tomato and feta salad on top.
Add a little more basil on top (if you would like) and serve immediately!
What can I serve with the bruschetta?
I love serving it by for an appetizer before Sunday supper. It is always a hit to take to a party as well. The bruschetta is also a wonderful side to serve up with soup.
How do I store the bruschetta?
It is best to store the bruschetta and feta and tomato salad separately. So, just prepare as many slices of the baguette with the salad that you plan to immediately serve. Store the feta and tomato salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Bruschetta with Feta
Feta & Tomato Topping:
- 4 large tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup medium red onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup basil leaves finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large baguette sliced in 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
Feta and Tomato Topping:
- In a medium bowl toss the garlic, tomatoes, onion, feta and basil together with the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set in the refrigerator while you make the bruschetta.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil and the minced garlic.
- Arrange the slices of bread on a baking sheet and brush them with the oil/garlic mixture.
- Toast the bread slices in the oven until they are lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Spoon the tomato salad on top of cooled, toasted bread slices.
- Additional chopped basil can be sprinkled on top before serving if desired.
So Tell Me…
Have you ever made bruschetta? If so, what do you like to top it with? What other ways do you use baguettes?
Looking for more appetizers or snacks? Check these recipes out:
- Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower with Healthy Ranch Dip
- Roasted Vegetable Platter
- Easy Roasted Buffalo Chickpeas
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
PIN IT HERE↓