This Apple Pizza is so delicious and easy to make. Store bought pizza dough crust, cinnamon, sugar, butter, caramel sauce, apples and rolled oats come together quickly for this tasty dessert. Eat it warm by itself or serve it a la mode with vanilla ice cream.
Apple picking season is right around the corner here in Maine! It is a favorite Fall activity for my family. It is so much fun to go to one of the local orchards on a cool crisp morning and pick apples for recipes like this Apple Pizza. Afterwards, we always get hot apple cider and fresh apple donuts for breakfast.
Of course, we typically pick way more apples than we need. Fortunately, I have plenty of great recipes to use them in like Apple Pie Pancakes, Caramel Apple Bars, Apple Nachos, Caramel Apple Cupcakes and Cinnamon Apple Pumpkin Cake. Apples are great in so many recipes, not just dessert! This Healthy Carrot Apple Ginger Soup, is a family favorite and it is one of the most popular recipes here on the blog!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE THE APPLE PIZZA?
This recipe is so simple to make! It is the perfect quick and easy apple dessert. You will need just seven ingredients to make it.
Kitchen Items Needed:
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Basting Brush
- Pizza Cutter
HOW DO I MAKE THE APPLE PIZZA?
The Apple Pizza comes together in just a few simple steps. There also several variations of the recipe to try!
Step 1: Prepare the Crust
Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the pizza crust onto the lined baking sheet.
Step 2: Prepare the Sauce
In a small bowl, mix together the butter, cinnamon and sugar. Then, take a basting brush or spoon and spread the sauce evenly over the pizza crust.
Step 3: Add the Apples and Toppings
Thinly slice 4 apples. Arrange the apple slices evenly on top of the pizza crust.
Drizzle caramel sauce over the apple slices. Then, sprinkle rolled oats on top.
Step 4: Bake Apple Pizza and Enjoy!
Place the apple pizza in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until apples and pizza crust edge begins to lightly brown. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Use a pizza cutter to cut, serve and enjoy!
Can I store the Apple Pizza?
The Apple Pizza can be stored in airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days. It can also be placed in the freezer in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 2 months. Sometimes, I put the slices in individual bags, so if the kids want a treat I can heat up a piece at a time.
How do I reheat the Apple Pizza?
To reheat it, place in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. If frozen, thaw on counter top first, then microwave.
Are there any variations to the Apple Pizza Recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to get creative with this simple recipe. Here are some other ideas to try:
- Pears: This is great with a combo of pear and apple slices, or use pears instead of the apples
- Raisins: Apples and raising are a classic combo. Sprinkle some raisins on top of apples before adding the rolled oats.
- Peanut Butter: Instead of caramel sauce, drizzle with warmed peanut butter sauce.
- Cheddar Cheese: This is definitely outside of the box, but if you have ever tried apples slices and cheddar cheese together, you know what a delicious combination of sweet and salty it is! For this variation, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over apple slices before adding the oats.
- Granola: Instead of rolled oats, use granola for a topping.
- Apple Varieties: This recipe is fun to make with a combination of apple varieties like: Gala, Granny Smith and MacIntosh apples.
- Serve A La Mode: This apple pizza is delicious all by itself, but I personally love it topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of homemade whipped cream.
So Tell Me…
Do you enjoy apple picking in the Fall? Have you ever made an apple pizza? What is your favorite quick and easy dessert to make? Will you try any of the different variations of this recipe?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
- 1 roll pizza dough crust store bought, such as Pillsbury
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 apples thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough and place it on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, cinnamon and sugar
- Spread the butter mixture evenly onto the dough with a basting brush.
- Slice the apples thinly and arrange them laying down on the dough.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the apples.
- Sprinkle rolled oats over the apple slices.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until apples and crust start to lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Use a pizza cutter to cut, serve and enjoy!