I am participating in the Trifecta Friday Five link-up hosted by Cynthia at You Signed Up for What, Courtney at Eat, Pray, Run DC, and Mar at Mar on the Run. This week’s theme is “Five Fitness Trends I’ll Never Try!”.
Here are my Five:
1. The Tough Mudder: For some reason, people always suggest that I should do one! “You run and do triathlons, you would love the Tough Mudder!” I smile politely and say “there’s something about the MUD part that is not appealing to me!” Of course, this is coming from someone who has peed on their bike and in their wetsuit on countless occasions. 🙂
2. The Inflatable 5k: I have been known to do a “face plant” while running on smooth paved roads (thanks to a tight right hip flexor). So, the idea of running throughout bouncy houses and inflatable slides while doing a 5k is a disaster waiting to happen for this sometimes clumsy lady!
3. Ultra Running: I LOVE running, especially long distances! I have completed 4 marathons over the past 4 years. At the end of each one, I can honestly say I did not have any remote desire to run one more step and can’t imagine that I ever will!
(My Husband & I after our first Marathon at Disney in 2012)
4. Trail Running: I live in Maine and we have some of the most beautiful trails here. I do love hiking and walking the trails. However, refer back to #2 where I mention my clumsiness! I can only envision multiple face and full body plants while navigating tree roots and rocks on a trail!
5. Ultra Triathlon: The Ultra Triathlon is one that involves distances greater than the Ironman. Yes, you can do a race where you swim more than 2.4 miles, bike more than 112 miles, and run more than 26.2 miles all at once… I’m in the midst of training for my first Ironman and I can assure you that I will never want to go further 140.6 miles!
What Fitness trends do you avoid? Have you tried any I mentioned and love them?