Happy Sunday! March is here and Spring is just around the corner, but it is still pretty chilly here in Maine. In fact, we had a cold, blustery weekend with temps as low as zero. Since St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, I decided to whip up a batch of Guinness Beef Stew to warm us up!
- 2 Cups Carrots, sliced
- 1 Cup Celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs Baby Red Potatoes, quartered
- 3 lbs Stew Beef, cubed
- Salt & Pepper
- 2/3 Cup of Flour
- 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, diced
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 8 oz Cremini Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp of Butter-
- 16 oz. of Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cups of Beef Broth
- 1 Packet of Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Creole Seasoning (ie- Zatarains)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 12 oz Of Guinness Beer
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Place Carrots, Celery, & Potatoes in bottom of Crockpot
- Toss Beef with Flour, so it is lightly coated
- Add 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil to large pan over Medium Heat
- Brown Beef in batches, adding Olive Oil as needed with each Batch (I did 2 batches)
- Place Browned Beef on top of Veggies in Crockpot
- Next, Sauté Onions over Medium Heat until softened, approximately 8 minutes
- Add chopped Garlic to Onions and Saute for an additional minute, then place on top of Beef in Crockpot
- Then, Melt 2 Tbsp of Butter in pan and Sauté Mushrooms for approximately 8 minutes, add to Crockpot
- Add all remaining ingredients (Tomatoe Sauce through Bay Leaves) to Crockpot.
- Stir gently to combine. Cook over Low Heat for 8 Hours.
Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? What is your favorite Irish dish? Might you enjoy a pint of Guinness to celebrate all things Irish? Are you looking for a vegetarian dish to serve on St. Patrick’s Day? Check out the Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie that I featured last week. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts and if you tried the recipe in the comments section below.
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|