Gluten Free Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Welcome to the Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up! This week I am sharing one of my favorite cookie recipes with a bit of a spin. I decided to play around in the kitchen and see if I could make a Gluten Free version of them. I was also curious what would happen if I substituted a Coconut Sugar for Granulated Sugar. The Results? I could Not keep anyone out of the Cookie Jar this weekend!
Here is what you will need:
-1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
-1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
-1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
-2 tsp Baking Powder
-1/4 tsp Baking Soda
-1/2 tsp Xantham Gum
-3/4 tsp Salt
-3/4 tsp Cinnamon
-1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
-1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
-1/2 Cup (1 Stick) of Butter, Softened
-2 tsp Vanilla Extract
-1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
-1 Banana, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
1. Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 375 degrees.
2. Combine the Oats, Flours, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Xantham Gum, Cinnamon, & Salt in Medium Bowl and set aside.
3. In Large Bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the Butter and Sugars until combined, about 1 minute.
4. Add the Egg and Vanilla Extract and beat until Blended.
5. Slowly add Flour Mixture, 1 cup at a time, use low speed on mixer to blend.
6. Next, gently fold in Chocolate Chips and Banana with a wooden spoon.
7. Place rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough onto a lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Try to make sure there is a piece of banana and chocolate chip in each one.
8. Next, use the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass to gently flatten the mounds of dough.
9. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until Cookies begin to slightly brown on the bottom.
10. Transfer the Cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Have you ever used Coconut Sugar or Flour? I would love to hear from you, so let me know if you give this recipe a try. Now, I'm off to bake another batch of these cookies, have a Great Week!
Last week's most clicked on Link was the Peanut Butter & Chocolate Overnight Oats from Mary Ellen at www.vnutritionandwellness.com
The Host's Choice was the Vegan BLT Savory Oatmeal from www.themostlyvegan.com