Welcome to the Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up! This week I am sharing one of my favorite cookie recipes with a bit of a spin. I decided to play around in the kitchen and see if I could make a Gluten Free version of Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. I was also curious what would happen if I substituted a Coconut Sugar for Granulated Sugar. The Results? I could Not keep anyone out of the Cookie Jar this weekend!
- -1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- -1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- -1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- -2 tsp Baking Powder
- -1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- -1/2 tsp Xantham Gum
- -3/4 tsp Salt
- -3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- -1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- -1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- -1/2 Cup (1 Stick) of Butter, Softened
- -1 Egg
- -2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- -1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- -1 Banana, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 375 degrees.
- Combine the Oats, Flours, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Xantham Gum, Cinnamon, & Salt in Medium Bowl and set aside.
- In Large Bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the Butter and Sugars until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the Egg and Vanilla Extract and beat until Blended.
- Slowly add Flour Mixture, 1 cup at a time, use low speed on mixer to blend.
- Next, gently fold in Chocolate Chips and Banana with a wooden spoon.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough onto a lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Try to make sure there is a piece of banana and chocolate chip in each one.
- Next, use the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass to gently flatten the mounds of dough.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until Cookies begin to slightly brown on the bottom.
- Transfer the Cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Have you ever used Coconut Sugar or Flour? I would love to hear from you, so let me know if you give this recipe a try. Now, I’m off to bake another batch of these cookies, have a Great Week!
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|