Happy Sunday! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by family and friends. We had 14 people at our house for the big day. It’s no secret that I love to cook and bake, so I truly enjoyed being the host. My husband served as my sous chef making it even more enjoyable for me to get down to business. I always make extras of everything because one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is the left-overs! I love using left over turkey for a variety of different recipes, one of my favorite things to make is this quick, easy and delicious Turkey and Black Bean Chili recipe. The turkey really takes in all of the spices in this dish, which makes it very tasty!
Turkey and Black Bean Chili
- 2 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Small yellow onion, diced
- 1 Green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste
- 12 ounce bottle of beer
- 3 Cups of cooked turkey, shredded
- 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 14.5 ounce can of black beans
- 3 Cups of chicken broth
- 7 ounce can of green chilis, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped green onions
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat, then add onions and bell peppers. Saute until softened, approximately 5 minutes
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the beer and deglaze pan, scraping up any browned bits.
- Then, add remainder of ingredients: turkey, diced tomatoes, black beans, chicken broth, green chilis, chili powder, cumin, salt and paprika.
- Stir all ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with cheese, sour cream and chopped green onions (optional).
So Tell Me…
What do you plan to do with your left-over turkey? Have you ever made turkey chili? Do you enjoy preparing a big meal?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Week!
Looking for some wonderful recipes for Thanksgiving Day? Check out some of my favorites here:
Delicious Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes…A Round-up of perfect Turkey Day Sides like these Cheesy Potatoes, YUM!!!