This Turkey and Black Bean Chili is a terrific way to use up any leftover turkey from your Thanksgiving dinner. It is very easy to make and packed with flavor!
Happy Sunday! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by family and friends. We had 14 people at our house for the big day. It’s no secret that I love to cook and bake, so I truly enjoyed being the host. My husband served as my sous chef making it even more enjoyable for me to get down to business. I always make extras of everything because one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is the left-overs! I love using left over turkey for a variety of different recipes, one of my favorite things to make is this quick, easy and delicious Turkey and Black Bean Chili recipe. The turkey really takes in all of the spices in this dish, which makes it very tasty!
Speaking of Thanksgiving…check out some of these delicious side dishes:
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline Topping
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cranberries and Pecans with Balsamic Vinegar
- Spinach and Sautéed Veggie Casserole
- Delicious Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
Turkey and Black Bean Chili
What do I need to make the Turkey and Black Bean Chili?
This Turkey and Black Bean Chili recipe comes together very quickly with leftover turkey! Here is what you will need to make it:
- Olive Oil
- Bell Peppers
- Tomato Paste
- Shredded Turkey
- Diced Canned Tomatoes
- Black Beans
- Chicken Broth
- Canned Green Chili Peppers
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
To make the Turkey and Black Bean Chili
First, chop up onions and bell peppers. Then, place a large pot on cooktop and heat over medium heat. Add the olive and after it has heated up, toss in the chopped bell peppers and onions. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until softened. Then, add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
Next, add the tomato paste and stir continually for 2 minutes. Then, slowly add the beer while stirring to deglaze the pan.
After the pan is deglazed and all brown bits are scraped up, add the remaining ingredients to the pot. This includes: turkey, diced tomatoes, black beans, chicken broth, green chilis and spices.
Once everything is added, stir it thoroughly and bring to a boil.
Once it begins to boil, reduce to simmer. Leave pot uncovered and simmer for 30 minutes. Then, serve warm and enjoy!
What toppings can I add to the Turkey and Black Bean Chili?
I like to add a little cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of green onions. I think a spoonful of salsa and a little avocado would be a wonderful addition as well. However, it is delicious without any toppings too!
Can I double the recipe?
Absolutely, easy peasy…just double the ingredients!
Turkey & Black Bean Chili
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 12 ounce bottle of beer
- 3 Cups cooked turkey shredded
- 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 14.5 ounce can of black beans
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 7 ounce can of green chilis chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- chopped green onions
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat, then add onions and bell peppers. Saute until softened, approximately 5 minutes
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the beer and deglaze pan, scraping up any browned bits.
- Then, add remainder of ingredients: turkey, diced tomatoes, black beans, chicken broth, green chilis, chili powder, cumin, salt and paprika.
- Stir all ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with cheese, sour cream and chopped green onions (optional).
So Tell Me…
What do you plan to do with your left-over turkey? Have you ever made turkey chili? Do you enjoy preparing a big meal?
Here are some great ideas for Thanksgiving Dessert:
- Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
- Cinnamon Apple Pumpkin Cake
- Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Delicious Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Week!