Happy Sunday! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. We had 14 people at our house for the big day. I love to cook and bake, so it was a lot of fun. My husband served as my sous chef making it even more enjoyable for me to get down to business. I always make extras of everything because one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is the left-overs! Today, I am sharing a quick, easy, and delicious Turkey and Black Bean Chili recipe.
- 2 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Small yellow onion, diced
- 1 Green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste
- 12 ounce bottle of beer
- 3 Cups of cooked turkey, shredded
- 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 14.5 ounce can of black beans
- 3 Cups of chicken broth
- 7 ounce can of green chilis, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped green onions
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat, then add onions and bell peppers. Saute until softened, approximately 5 minutes
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the beer and deglaze pan, scraping up any browned bits.
- Then, add remainder of ingredients: turkey, diced tomatoes, black beans, chicken broth, green chilis, chili powder, cumin, salt and paprika.
- Stir all ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with cheese, sour cream and chopped green onions (optional).
What do you plan to do with your left-over turkey? Have you ever made turkey chili? Do you enjoy preparing a big meal?
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|
Are you a Fitness Blogger Check out this other great link-up, the “Weekly Wrap” with Hoho & Tricia live on Sundays at 5pm.