Welcome to the Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up! Today I am sharing one of my all time favorite side dishes, Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Ahhh, Brussels Sprouts: People seem to love them or hate them! My husband was in the latter camp after growing up eating boiled sprouts. So, the first time I said I was making them, he was less than excited. However, I convinced him to give the Roasted Brussels Sprouts a try. He loved them and could not get over what a different taste they have when they are prepared this way. They have a nutty flavor, caramelized texture, and are delicious with a little butter & lemon juice. Now, he asks for them frequently, and a real bonus is that my kids also love them!
- 3 Cups (approx. 2 lbs) of fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp of Water
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- Place oven rack in upper 1/3 of oven and preheat to 450 degrees
- Trim off bottoms of Brussels Sprouts and cut in half, then rinse with water.
- Spray rimmed baking sheet with olive oil spray or rub with olive oil
- Spread Brussels Sprouts on sheet and place 3 Tbsp of water over them
- Sprinkle with Sea Salt and Black Pepper as desired
- Cover with aluminum foil and seal the edges
- Place in oven for 10 minutes (this will steam the sprouts)
- Take out of oven and remove foil, then toss the Brussels Sprouts with 1 1/2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil (it will be solid, but will melt as you toss the sprouts). Leave foil off pan.
- Place them back in the oven for approximately 15 minutes, stir once during this time. Remove the Brussels sprouts when they have started to brown a little.
- Toss with 1 Tbsp of Butter (more if you like!) and 1 tsp of Lemon Juice.
Have you ever made Roasted Brussels Sprouts? What is your favorite way to prepare Brussels Sprouts? Do you use Coconut Oil when cooking or baking? As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below and please let me know if you give this recipe a try!
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|