Fruit pizza is such a fun dessert idea! And when you transform a full pizza into adorable mini fruit pizza cookies, you can create some cute individual treats for your next party. Use premade sugar cookie dough to speed up your prep work, then top the baked cookies with cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit to make this light and refreshing dessert.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What Do I Need to Make Fruit Pizza Cookies?
With the help of premade cookie dough, you can whip up these cute fruit pizza cookies in the kitchen with just a few minutes of work. And the best part about this easy recipe is that you only need a few simple ingredients to prepare it! To make your mini fruit pizzas, you’ll need:
- Sugar cookie dough
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Diced fruit such as kiwis, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
How Do I Make Fruit Pizza Cookies?
Since this easy dessert recipe starts with the premade dough, these fun cookie treats are ready quickly! To make your fruit pizza sugar cookies, follow these simple instructions.
Step One: Bake the Cookies
Preheat the oven and bake the cookies according to the package instructions. When the cookies are finished baking, allow them to cool on the baking sheet for around 5 minutes. Then, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Step Two: Prepare the Frosting
Combine the softened butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl, beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
Step Three: Decorate the Cookies
Spread the cream cheese frosting over the top of the cooled cookies. Top each cookie with chopped fruit and serve immediately or store the finished cookies in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy.
What is Fruit Pizza Crust Made of?
Whether preparing a full-sized fruit pizza or mini pizzas, the traditional way to make this fun dessert is to use sugar cookie dough as the crust. But the type of dough you use is totally up to you!
I love using premade sugar cookie dough because it speeds up preparation. The take-and-bake style cookie dough (from Pillsbury) is super easy to use because it’s already portioned to make round mini sugar cookies.
You can also use a log of premade cookie dough cut into slices or rolled out and cut into circles to prepare these mini fruit pizzas. Or roll out the full dough log on a round baking pan to prepare a full-sized pizza.
But premade dough isn’t the only option when it comes to make this dessert. You can also use your favorite sugar cookie recipe to make the crust. Just follow the instructions for preparing the dough and baking the cookies, then use my recipe for the cream cheese icing and fruit topping.
Fruit Pizza Cookies Recipe Ideas
You’ll love just how easy these cute fruit pizzas are to make! And with a few small adjustments, you can create a unique dessert every time you prepare them! Try these recipe ideas as you’re making your own mini fruit pizzas:
- Use a different type of cookie dough, such as chocolate chip or oatmeal, as the base for your fruit pizza.
- Try different types of frosting, such as vanilla buttercream or chocolate ganache, for a richer flavor.
- Add a layer of jam or Nutella between the cookie and frosting for extra sweetness.
- Use a variety of fruit toppings, such as mango or bananas to create a unique flavor combination.
- Substitute canned fruit for fresh fruit if no fresh fruit is available.
How Long Does Fruit Pizza Last the Fridge?
These cookies are best when they’re enjoyed right after being prepared, when they are still soft, and when the fruit is fresh. But if you need to make them ahead of time, you have a few options:
- Store the premade cookies in the refrigerator for up to two hours before serving. The cookies will stay fresh for around two hours in the refrigerator, depending on what type of fruit you use. Keep in mind that the longer the cookies sit in the fridge, the more likely it is that the fruit will start to stain your cream cheese frosting.
- Prepare the cookies up to two days in advance. You can also bake and ice the cookies up to two days before serving them. If you bake the cookies this far in advance, I recommend storing the fruit separately until you’re ready to serve them. Place the fruit pieces on top immediately before serving your cookies for the best results.
Whatever option you choose, it’s best to store the cookies in a single layer in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. This will help keep the cookies and the cream cheese icing from drying out.
Mini Fruit Pizza Cookies
- Preheat the oven and bake sugar cookies according to package directions.
- Place cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies cool, prepare your frosting. Mix the softened butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Spread frosting evenly across the top of each cooled cookie and top with several pieces of mixed fruit.
- Serve cookie pizzas immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to use. Enjoy!